Analytics, I should have known

Dan Langston old account

I have enjoyed Accordance for years now. I have watched every Lighting the Lamp podcast, watched some webinars, compared software in online forums, etc.  I should have known but didn't.  Today as I was on Accordance in church, for about 30 minutes, I was trying to find Analytics.  As many of you already know....I couldn't find it because it's not there.  Analytics doesn't work in IOS.  I thought:  Surely it's here, there is no way Analytics isn't on IOS.  I switched workspaces.  I opened Accordance and closed it.  I switched from original language to English panes, thinking it had to be in there somewhere.  But it wasn't.  The error was mine.  The IOS app doesn't have Analytics.  It has lightning fast word searching, parallel tabs, the new page turn feature....even the wide array of search commands I enjoy on the desktop and great features all around.  But analytics isn't for IOS. I discovered it in a Lighting the lamp podcast that compared IOS, mac and the "upcoming" PC version in beta.  It's probably talked about alot of other places.  I'm sure there is a really good reason.  I'm guessing everyone else already knows why....I should have.  In the small chance that it's on the radar or I'm crazy for mentioning it.....what's the scoop on Analytics for IOS?

• Like 1

I am sure that accordance staff have a very long list of features to add to all their platforms. I guess we will always have different opinions on the relative priorities.

Bear in mind ios and android are no where near as feature rich operating systems compared to mac and windows. (For example atlas, time line or parallels wont currently run on ios.) We have seen changes but to date, apple has been very clear that theirs will be different.

The team @ Accordance now have four platforms to develop and support as well as turbo charge all the new resources they add (links, search levels, support etc).

Windows users got an equal equivalent to mac users. But the android users want theirs to get to the ios level and ios users want to get to mac os level.

My feeling is that the priority and focus is still mainly on the full fat version for serious study.

All we can do is support accordance so that they remain viable and we must remain patient and chip in As we increase our reliance on mobile. I use full fat less than once a week and mobile daily, i even use mobile mainly for sermon and group prep and have done so for the last 5 or 6 years despite its limitations because i find it so incredibly convenient.

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1