regarding the DSS Index module

Anthony Sepulveda

Hello,

In the QUMRAN module I was looking at 4Q584 and 11Q19. I wanted to take a look at further info about these in the DSS Index module, but I couldn't find 4Q584 there, and 11Q19 could only be searched under 'title' and not 'reference'. Is this information missing in the module, or is it just that way for some reason?

Thanks.

Apparently Dr. Abegg did not include every fragment in his index.

There is actually a good sized chunk missing- presumably because they are so fragmentary or did not contain text. These documents were given sigla because they were supposed to belong to specific fragments (based on age, appearance, etc) yet since no text is present that is legible or reconstructable, they are not included. That is my guess. If you have recourse to the Discoveries in the Judean Desert series, you should be able to find the plates there, even if there is nothing on them. If you do not have access to these, feel free to post here and I will scan them at my library and arrange to email them to you!

Edited by MattChristian

Any time- Also check out the Leon Levy database. You should be able to find most everything there.