tabs workspaces

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Steve Walton

Steve Walton

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:I teach and write on NT Studies. My major project is a commentary on Acts.
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 08 August 2018 - 04:53 AM

May be mistaken, but I cannot find a way to select a tab by its name, and it would help me to do so—the standard workspace I use  for working on a commentary on Acts has over 40 tabs open, and it would be helpful to be able to select by names I've given to the tabs. Is there a way to do this already (other than cycling through tabs, which takes a long time with 40+ tables open!), or could this be a feature in an update, please?

• Joe Weaks likes this

#2 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 3,169 posts
  • Interests:a great cup of coffee, sci-fi, jazz and the blues, kayaking, camping, fishing and the great outdoors
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 08 August 2018 - 10:03 AM

Steve,

While our programmers consider your request, I'd like to suggest a work around. If many of your tabs are commentaries, why not use the Info Pane to access them?

When I am writing a commentary, I'll move my best reference resources to the top, so they appear first in the Info Pane. An option-click on a cover there opens a popup, where I can assess the value of the comments. If I want to read more, I click on it (which opens it in a parallel pane); I read it, then leave the pane open for the next one in the cycle. I then move on the the next commentary. If I click it, it will replace the previous commentary in the parallel pane, so the zone doesn't become too large. A Cmd/Ctrl-click opens a commentary in another zone, which I will sometimes do if I expect to be moving around in it (Sometimes I leave the zone tied to my main text, sometimes I untie it).

Just a thought.

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer
Academic Licensing Assistant

iMac: Late 2014 27" 5k display, 4.0 GHz quad core i7, 24 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD, AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB, macOS Sierra 10.13
MBP: Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz quad core i7, 16 GB RAM, 480 SSD + 1 TB SSD, AMD Radeon HD 6750M, macOS Sierra 10.13
iPhone 7 plus: 128 GB, iOS 11.x

#3 Joe Weaks

Joe Weaks

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts
  • Interests:I like things that are Orange, and possibly Blue.
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 08 August 2018 - 05:42 PM

40 tabs, Steve? You, sir, are an over-achiever.

I'm trying to imagine what a select-by-name interface would be. Would a window pop up with a list of tab names for you to select? I suspect 90% of the time tab names are neglected and so not helpful, as opposed to the rare time I set up an intentional worskspace with intentional tab names, as you have done.

Joe Weaks
The Macintosh Biblioblog

Sometimes I'm so helpful even I can't stand it.

#4 Mark Allison

Mark Allison

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,029 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 09 August 2018 - 06:34 AM

You could pop into Slide Show mode (Opt-Cmd-S) and choose the tab you want from the list in the navigation bar pop-up menu. 

Edited by Mark Allison, 09 August 2018 - 07:35 AM.

• Joe Weaks likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tabs, workspaces

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users