Accordance on the Surface Go

R. Mansfield

FYI if anyone is wondering, so far, Accordance works great on the Microsoft Surface Go I picked up last week. The machine is not a speed demon, but Accordance is not generally a program that is too strenuous on most off-the-shelf computers--even the low-end ones. 

The machine is not a speed demon

But from the spec, its not much heavier than an ipad pro so starting to look interesting.

Question, can you type on the screen like an ipad in something like word or email or web browsers or do you need to use the keypad??????

(Have only just started finding out about them and not seen one in a store yet, not sure when they cross the pond.)

Edited by ukfraser

Yes, there’s an onscreen keyboard if you don’t have a physical one connected. 

Thanks. (Arrive on these shores on 28th so not long now.)

Edited by ukfraser

Hi Rick,

When I used Accordance on a Windows (first generation) Atom tablet, I couldn't drag a construct tab (noun, LEX, CLAUSE, etc.) into a column using just the touch screen. Can you do that with the new Go? I'm always thinking a year ahead, and with the new Live Click feature, I think I might choose a Windows tablet over a new iPad next year.

Regards,

Michel

Michel, just tried, and it still doesn’t work. Maybe we can look at that for a future update. 

• Like 2

Any plans on getting into the Microsoft Store for those who stay in "S" mode? 

Any plans on getting into the Microsoft Store for those who stay in "S" mode? 

No current plans. I’m sure it would be a “wait and see” kind of thing. I’ve yet to see any widespread adoption of S-mode. I can see where K-12 schools and some companies might want to employ S-mode for security reasons, but I’d be very surprised if we had large number of customers wanting to keep their computers in it. However, if there were indications that large demand was there, I’m sure we could consider it.

I think it would be great. Bible application offerings within the store are very limited and it could offer great exposure for Accordance. I planned on opting out of S-Mode at first, but since I'll be sharing the device with my kids (who are used to the security safety of an iPad) I decided against it.

The unfortunate thing about opting out of S mode is that we cannot opt back in without a full reinstall of the tablet, which is a real hassle to do.

• 3 weeks later...

I just received my Surface Go and is installing Accordance on it, it's taking a while to download all the resources.

I know it will be awesome to use the full power of Accordance on the go!

I just received my Surface Go and is installing Accordance on it, it's taking a while to download all the resources.

I know it will be awesome to use the full power of Accordance on the go!

I see what you did there :-)

• Like 1

I'm interested in getting a Surface Go for Accordance. Would someone mind taking a screenshot of what Accordance looks like on the 10" screen? Thanks! 

I'm interested in getting a Surface Go for Accordance. Would someone mind taking a screenshot of what Accordance looks like on the 10" screen? Thanks! 

I made the promo this week for the sale on ZIBBCOT/NT with a screenshot from my Surface Go. And as in most of the promotional images I make like this, I zoomed the text in a bit larger than what I actually set it for my personal use.

ZIBBCOT%20Win.png?dl=1

ZIBBCOT-NT.png?dl=1

• Like 1

Very nice! Thanks so much for the image. I'm thinking the Surface Go may be my best bet for portability. 

I made the promo this week for the sale on ZIBBCOT/NT with a screenshot from my Surface Go. And as in most of the promotional images I make like this, I zoomed the text in a bit larger than what I actually set it for my personal use.

ZIBBCOT%20Win.png?dl=1

ZIBBCOT-NT.png?dl=1

I have attached screens how how it’ll look like. The credit card sized card is for persepective.

I use enlarged fonts because of my poor eyesight.

The portriat mode makes reading articles really nice.

post-35093-0-25371300-1535767090_thumb.jpeg

post-35093-0-21273900-1535767113_thumb.jpeg

post-35093-0-61129300-1535767184_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for these. I suspect a lot of us will give the go serious consideration when we come to replace our ipads.

Very helpful! 

I have attached screens how how it’ll look like. The credit card sized card is for persepective.

I use enlarged fonts because of my poor eyesight.

The portriat mode makes reading articles really nice.

Can you annotate on the accordance screen with the Surface Go? I am looking for something that will allow me to project from my tablet (which I can now do with my IpadPro), but I cannot annotate on the screen without first taking a screenshot and then annotating on the screenshot. I would like to project my accordance text to the large screen and have the ability to actually highlight, annotate, underline, etc... the text on the screen during my sermons. Does the Surface have this capability?

Edited by mbcvida

Do you mean to annotate the screen? 

Is there an example to show what you mean? I can't imagine a projection overlay that can also scroll and move with the underlying software. Maybe Powerpoint? but that would mean not in Accordance.

But Surface Go does have a projection mode that allows wireless projection onto displays that support wireless projection.

Edited by lesterchua

By annotating on the screen, I mean does the Surface allow annotation/markup with anything showing on the screen. With my Ipad, I would like to use it to project my accordance screen/text and be able to annotate/markup in Accordance without having to first create a screenshot. I may be asking for something not  possible. Right now I am able to markup PDFs, Images, and MS Word as they are on the screen, but not Accordance. It may be that this kind of feature is app based rather than device based. I will attach an example which I did using a screenshot.

post-363-0-77365600-1535996851_thumb.jpg

Edited by mbcvida

Yes, that would be a great feature to have. But yes, I suspect that you are correct in saying that it'll need to be App specific.

I am not aware of any presentation software that will allow us to interact with another software in the way that we would like. =(

Maybe others have come across something described here?

Edited by lesterchua

By annotating on the screen, I mean does the Surface allow annotation/markup with anything showing on the screen. With my Ipad, I would like to use it to project my accordance screen/text and be able to annotate/markup in Accordance without having to first create a screenshot. I may be asking for something not  possible. Right now I am able to markup PDFs, Images, and MS Word as they are on the screen, but not Accordance. It may be that this kind of feature is app based rather than device based. I will attach an example which I did using a screenshot.

Maybe http://scrolltag.com/tagger.htmlis what you want. 

Maybe this or the features you describe will come in the future to Accordance. 

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 1

Count me in for notes tied to individual words. Asked for this a long time ago. Maybe now is the time!

Bob

• Like 2