Find on Page / Find in Pane Request

TYA

Please add a simple "Find on Page" function for faster browsing / review of information.  Ideally, this feature would be available in every single window / pane / module / text available, so that we could find what we're looking for faster--plain and simple.  I can't say enough how helpful this would be, and how much time it would save when scanning through text.  Thank you.

• Like 2

This is high on the list of features for the next major rev. It has been on the list for a long time, we just never got "a round tuit."

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Great to hear, and thank you so much.

Edited by TYA

• 2 months later...

This is high on the list of features for the next major rev. It has been on the list for a long time,

Just checking back on this.  I was hoping to see it in 12.3.0, but hopefully soon.  Others, jump in!

Edited by TYA

The soon to be released 13.0.0 perhaps? It is ETS/SBL time (traditionally these have coincided with new Accordance releases).

The soon to be released 13.0.0 perhaps?

Yikes.  That doesn't sound soon at all.  Especially for something that has been requested for years now.  What is "ETS/SBL"?

Edited by TYA

ETS: Evangelical Theological Society.

AAR: American Academy of Religion.

SBL: Society of Biblical Literature.

Past history is that usually in time for the annual meeting of these groups Accordance has released a major update (at least every two years since 10).

While 12.3.0 isn't a major release but it has included new features you would think might be saved for a major release (thankyou Oak Tree). It does have some of us speculating about 13 though

Edited by Michael Hunt
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Please add a simple "Find on Page" function for faster browsing / review of information.  Ideally, this feature would be available in every single window / pane / module / text available, so that we could find what we're looking for faster--plain and simple.  I can't say enough how helpful this would be, and how much time it would save when scanning through text.  Thank you.

I'm renewing my request for this, since I'm not aware of any limitations on making requests.  I continually restrain my frustration that Accordance doesn't yet have this.  I don't know how to communicate this more strongly than saying, "Almost literally every program I have and use possesses a "Find on Page" utility, and for obvious reason."

The ability to instantly scan a page for content is invaluable, and considering that Accordance boasts one of the largest libraries of any Bible software in the world (grateful for that), having a "Find on Page" utility makes the same difference as, oh say, as driving 100 miles in a car instead of riding a bicycle.

I bet you that on a long day of research (4-8 hours), having a "Find on Page" utility in Accordance could save me as much as 1 to 2 hours of time.  To put it another way, I don't know how much content I'm not able to get to, or find, because of not having a "Find on Page" utility.

Admittedly, I'm not a programmer, and even if it was, I know it technically isn't my business; but if all other programs I use (I'm thinking of roughly 10) have a "Find on page" utility, I scratch my head and wonder how it is even possible that Accordance doesn't have this feature.

Don't take that wrong.  I just really really want to have this feature, and can't imagine that it is that difficult to make, given that several (free) programs I use have it.

Those are my "thoughts," after eagerly requesting and hoping for this (and hearing that others have requested this) for years.  Anyway, "you don't have because you don't ask."

Edited by TYA
  • Like 2