Dictionaries gone!

showens

I was rearranging my dictionaries via drag & drop, when suddenly the entire top-level section disappeared.  When I try to locate them in the Library search box, I don't find any of them.  I can navigate to C:\ProgramData\Accordance\Modules\Tools and see that the files are there.  I just can't find a way to get them to show up again within Accordance.

I'm somewhat at a loss.  

Win 10, Accordance 12.2.8

Edited by showens

You could try double-clicking on the file in the C:\ProgramData\Accordance\Modules\Tools directory and see if it appears in the Library after that.

They may have just been deleted from the Library menu.

You could try double-clicking on the file in the C:\ProgramData\Accordance\Modules\Tools directory and see if it appears in the Library after that.

They may have just been deleted from the Library menu.

There is no extension for the tools, so they don't respond like a Windows object.  If I try to open a file with Accordance.exe, Accordance doesn't recognize it. I saw a reference in Help to removing modules from the Library that referenced "moving it to the trash".  Alas, that was the one and only reference to "the trash".  No mention of where the trash is, how it gets emptied, how to pull something out of it.  There's nothing in the Recycle Bin that looks like a module or is dated Aug. 24th.

I'm hoping someone will have an idea before I have to use the nuclear option...

If the modules have been deleted from your library, you can add them back by clicking on the "+" button at the bottom of the library and selecting "Add New Modules".

Screen%20Shot%202018-08-25%20at%209.54.2

If the modules have been deleted from your library, you can add them back by clicking on the "+" button at the bottom of the library and selecting "Add New Modules".

Yeah, this works.  But holy smokes, what a process this will be!  I estimate there were a couple dozen modules in that folder, and the directory is not organized in any manner I can see to indicate the module type.  Is there any way of telling that something belongs in Dictionaries?

Just select them all—click on the first one, hold down the shift key, and select the last one. If the module is already installed, Accordance will ignore it, and just install the missing items.

To answer your question, there is no way to tell from the module name what category the tool should be placed in. 

• Like 1

Just select them all—click on the first one, hold down the shift key, and select the last one. If the module is already installed, Accordance will ignore it, and just install the missing items.

This would be a great idea, except for the fact that it doesn't work.  Multi-select is not handled correctly.  It populates the textbox with the last module name selected and ignores the rest.  I've tried the standard Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-Click, your Shift-select.  None of them work.  It may be that the "Add New Modules..." dialog has not been instantiated with multi-select turned on.  This is definitely something to fix.

So I have to go through them one by one.  I have a modest collection;  there are only 311 to go through.  One by one.   :(

I'll make sure our developers are aware of that issue. Sorry for your troubles!

You can also go to Easy Install (In the "Utilities" menu). It will reinstall all your missing modules.

• Like 1

I'll make sure our developers are aware of that issue. Sorry for your troubles!

You can also go to Easy Install (In the "Utilities" menu). It will reinstall all your missing modules.

Now THAT did something!  I had tried that before, but nothing showed as available.  I guess once I added five or six modules manually, Easy Install took pity on me and offered to download the Triple Learner, plus one or two others.  I see a lot more now than I would have added manually.  I'm grateful you kept throwing out ideas, Mark.

• Like 4