The Bible for Everyone (Goldingay / Wright)

jakoeshall

What more needs to be said? A fascinating translation by Goldingay and Wright (Ot and Nt, respectively). Its both the companion to the For Everyone Commentary series, as well as a reworking of the text by Goldingay. 

Its also already available in digital, so, shouldn't be a problem, Wright? :D 

• Like 4

...so, shouldn't be a problem, Wright? :D

I see what you did there ;-)

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...

+1

I just went to the Accordance Store and searched for this, as I remembered seeing it. When I didn't find it there, I realized I'd seen it on Wright's Updated Publications List …huge bummer!

When studying Wright's works, it's great to have his translation there in Accordance. I know I can look at a passage at the beginning of each entry in NT for Everyone, but it would be great to have the Bible text with the ability to go directly to a specific verse!

Edited by Christopher Smith
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This has been requested a few times, but just a reminder that the text is embedded into the ON/NT for everyone series, so we do have it in Accordance.  It's just a bit less accessible.

In addition paul, from a personal perspective, my wife prefers hard copies to read and likes to be able to lend those volumes to others so we've tended to get them as hard copy and ive not duplicated the commentaries in accordance.

but i would certainly invest in the bible text for my tablet and phone. 

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

Yes Fraser you make a good point. And even if you benefit from the present sale prices you would still need to spend $160 (normally over $350) to get it.  That would be pretty steep if you just wanted the bible text.

• Like 1

I own it with the competition. It’s an outstanding translation!

• 2 years later...

As Paul said, The Bible for Everyone is embedded in Accordance’s  OT for Everyone and For Everyone: The NT Commentary. But it is available as an eBook at https://spckpublishing.co.uk/the-bible-for-everyone , and L also offers it as a separate work. 

So, I’d like to revive this thread and request it as a separate volume.

Here is a sample passage, Isa. 1:1-2:

The vision of Yesha’yahu ben Amots which he beheld concerning Yehudah and Yerushalaim in the days of Uzziyyahu, Yotam, Ahaz and Yehizqiyyahu [Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz and Hezekiah], kings of Yehudah. 

2Listen, heavens, give ear, earth, 

because Yahweh has spoken. 

Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm sent a licensing request to SPCK Publishing (again). I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything from them. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 1 year later...

I’ve got this one on my list to look into.

Nathan, i think this volume makes the most sense as users who have the everyone series of commentaries and study booklets can have the text open at the same time as the commentaries. However, on the forum there is a seperate request for the different volume which uses goldingay (i assume everone translation) but mcnights nt. 

So you have an interesting commercial decision to make. what fun!

;o) 

What?! None of you have NT Wright's Kingdom NT in Accordance? A pity. 

image.thumb.png.745ee3d6acfea70935ca58a08ef1a760.png

Edited by R. Mansfield
  • Haha 1

I’ve got Scot McKnight’s on the list. @R. Mansfield is that a User Bible?

1 hour ago, Nathan Parker said:

@R. Mansfield is that a User Bible?

Nope.

Found it. I couldn’t find it on the store earlier. When I looked over at my modem, I saw what happened. 🙂 

Modem?

6 hours ago, R. Mansfield said:

What?! None of you have NT Wright's Kingdom NT in Accordance? A pity. 

Rick, I just can't find this in the store... 

It’s not in the store. 

• Sad 1

My Internet went out while I was looking it up, so I thought that was the problem. I noticed it’s not in the store. I’ll try to get an ETA on releasing this as well.

3 minutes ago, Nathan Parker said:

I’ll try to get an ETA on releasing this as well.

Don't bother. I was just having some fun. Here's the history: former employee @Graham Buck created it from the text in Wright's NT for Everyone commentary series around 2019 or so. We wanted to release it as a module. We were so certain it would happen that you can see the text in one or two Accordance 13 promotional videos I made that year. But then we were denied the rights. It was only ever passed around internally since we couldn't release it. 

• Sad 1

Good to know. Thanks!

Ha, I thought that now you are no longer an employee your days of teasing us might have also ceased.  But alas, ‘He’s bacK’!! 😜

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Paul Meiklejohn said:

Ha, I thought that now you are no longer an employee your days of teasing us might have also ceased.  But alas, ‘He’s bacK’!! 😜

I couldn’t resist.