clarifications of syntax module and diagramming module

tk0011

I have a very basic question concerning the Greek syntax module and the Greek diagramming module. Do I need both modules since it appears both try to display the sentence syntax and structure? Appreciate any advice. 

I'll let official sources give an official answer, but I have the diagramming module and not (yet) the syntax module. The one I have works fine by itself.

These resources represent two different ways to view the Greek sentence structure. Each works independently of the other, so purchasing only one is just fine.

Hi Dr J.

Have you at Oaktree considered putting a syntax query interface over the Greek Diagrams ? I don't have the module but I get the impression it's not searchable the way the syntax modules are. Of course this might be quite a bit of work if the data in the diagrams module is primarily intended for graphical display rather than as a grammatical from which the display is then created.

Anyhow, just a thought that occurred to me this morning.

Thx

D

• Like 1

Daniel: That's exactly the point. The Diagrams are purely graphical. The Syntax is fully searchable both for the tags on the words, and the relationships between them. They also follow somewhat different linguistic philosophies, so they truly complement one another.

Hi Helen,

Its precisely because of the differing models that I think search support in the diagrams would be useful.

Thx

D

• Like 1