Universal ("all" / "any") searching in module

TYA

I believe this may already be in the works for a new release, but just to be sure: please add an option to search *all / any* content within a document, instead of requiring the user to pick a limited filter (such as "English content," "Titles," etc.)

I would greatly appreciate the ability to do one simple search to find *all* occurrences of a word throughout the document.  (I can't even comprehend why a universal search isn't available; and the Support Team ensured me already that I'm not ignorant of an existing way to do this).

Thanks so much.

Edited by TYA

supra

post-35231-0-52983400-1536210143_thumb.jpg

post-35231-0-67165300-1536210147_thumb.jpg

The Research feature will do this, but it does it for a selected group of modules, so you would need to make a special group if you just want to search one or a specific set of modules.

Don't forget, you can also quickly set a [Custom] option in the Research to quickly do one or a few modules, instead of having to necessarily create a dedicated group.

Thanks both.  Helen, using the "Research" did in fact find all occurrences of my search, so thanks much for that. It strikes me as unnecessarily cumbersome to have to create groups just for the sake of doing a simple search to find all content (without filters), but the Research "All" at least gets me to the content.

Please let my request for the (in my humble opinion) more straightforward approach remain (similar to my request for a simple string of characters search that covers *all* modules (not dependent on whether they are tagged or not), as discussed in the other feature request, "Stop treating prefixes and suffixes as separate words in Hebrew").

Edited by TYA
  • Like 1