Nick C

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Windows

Posted 07 September 2018 - 10:45 AM

Hi,

I was trying to make a concordance of words by frequency in the Targum module.  However, I want to have the search only for specific targumim.  I am not sure how to search just targum onkelos or just targum jonathan.  is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

Nick

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Emerald

• Admin
  • 11,805 posts
  • Twitter:accordancebible
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 07 September 2018 - 12:50 PM

You would need to define the Range that each one covers, either in the Range pop-up or in the Range command. The Help will show you how to do this. Then the Concordance Set Display lets you define the display of the results.

Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 Nick C

Nick C

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Platforms:Windows

Posted 07 September 2018 - 01:52 PM

Hi,

I looked at the range box and the help menu for it but those appear to only allow books of the Bible as the range (unless I am missing something).  My problem is that Onkelos, Pseudo-Jonathan, Neofiti, and the Fragment Targums are all in the Pentateuch but I wanted to be able to search just Onkelos and exclude the other Targumim.

#4 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Emerald

• Admin
  • 11,805 posts
  • Twitter:accordancebible
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 07 September 2018 - 02:05 PM

Pseudo-Jonathan, Neofiti, and the Fragment Targums are in separate files. Please see the Read Me-Modules file and the section on the Targums. Here is part of it:

The TARG-T module represents the main text, which currently includes Targum Onqelos, Targum Jonathan, and the Writings. (See further description below.)

The TARG2-T module contains Targum Neophyti and Targum Esther Sheni. It is in a separate module so that all Targums can be viewed in parallel with other parallel Targums.

The TARG3-T module contains Targum Pseudo-Jonathan. It is in a separate module so that all Targums can be viewed in parallel with other parallel Targums.

The TARGF-T module contains Targum fragments of the Torah. It is in a separate module so that all Targums can be viewed in parallel with other parallel Targums. See the file “TARGF-T Read me first” for details of the manuscripts included.

The TARGG-T module contains Targum manuscripts of the Torah from the Cairo Geniza. It is in a separate module so that all Targums can be viewed in parallel with other parallel Targums. See the file “TARGG-T Read me first” for details of the manuscripts included.

Helen Brown
OakTree Software

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: targum, concordance, word count, word list, ancient language

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users