Nick C

Hi,

I was trying to make a concordance of words by frequency in the Targum module.  However, I want to have the search only for specific targumim.  I am not sure how to search just targum onkelos or just targum jonathan.  is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

Nick

You would need to define the Range that each one covers, either in the Range pop-up or in the Range command. The Help will show you how to do this. Then the Concordance Set Display lets you define the display of the results.

Hi,

I looked at the range box and the help menu for it but those appear to only allow books of the Bible as the range (unless I am missing something).  My problem is that Onkelos, Pseudo-Jonathan, Neofiti, and the Fragment Targums are all in the Pentateuch but I wanted to be able to search just Onkelos and exclude the other Targumim.

Pseudo-Jonathan, Neofiti, and the Fragment Targums are in separate files. Please see the Read Me-Modules file and the section on the Targums. Here is part of it:

The TARG-T module represents the main text, which currently includes Targum Onqelos, Targum Jonathan, and the Writings. (See further description below.)

The TARG2-T module contains Targum Neophyti and Targum Esther Sheni. It is in a separate module so that all Targums can be viewed in parallel with other parallel Targums.

The TARG3-T module contains Targum Pseudo-Jonathan. It is in a separate module so that all Targums can be viewed in parallel with other parallel Targums.

The TARGF-T module contains Targum fragments of the Torah. It is in a separate module so that all Targums can be viewed in parallel with other parallel Targums. See the file “TARGF-T Read me first” for details of the manuscripts included.

The TARGG-T module contains Targum manuscripts of the Torah from the Cairo Geniza. It is in a separate module so that all Targums can be viewed in parallel with other parallel Targums. See the file “TARGG-T Read me first” for details of the manuscripts included.