Set "Text Pane Display" Permanently

TYA

I appreciate Accordance' ability to customize the font and other settings under "Set Text Pane Display."  I've done this, carefully customizing several Workspaces just the way I want them.

However, whenever I click on a link, perform a search, or go anywhere else, all text settings go right out the window (see this picture for example).  I then try setting the text pane settings on that new window (i.e. the one that just opened), and it lasts only as long as I have that window open.

For example, say I'm manually going through a list of search results, using the "Open" button (which I don't like having to do) one by one.  The results then open in a new window, and the formatting is gone.  I find myself having to constantly change font sizes, space between lines, because of this.

It would be nice if there was a way to specify the "Text Pane Display" for ALL kinds of windows / panes in Accordance, once and for all, instead of having to do so constantly, which seems to be the case now.

Thank you.

post-35231-0-55597900-1536649939_thumb.jpg

Edited by TYA

In preferences there is an option to set the default font size, spacing, background etc for all texts and tools. For individual settings click on the make default button when editing the settings. One thing you can't do is select a certain set of settings for say the NIV in a NT workspace and then a different set of settings for say the same NIV in an Original languages workspace.

TYA, we actually use a 'three tiered' system for managing text displays.  What you found is the bottom tier, and what Michael has described is the top tier.  What I think you are looking for is this middle.  The tiers are:  [Current text pane] -> [All instances of this text] -> [All texts]

While this seems confusing or perhaps an unnecessary amount of customization, it allows for a great deal of flexibility, that our users have enjoyed over the years.  Generally, I recommend users go top to bottom.  First, go to the Preferences -> Text Display, and choose your default for all texts, so that they generally all look as you like them.  Then, open a specific text that you wish to be different, and go to its Set Text Display.  --Here's the important part--  When done customizing this specific text, be sure to hit the 'Use As Default' button.  This ensures that your choices for this text will always 'stick' until chosen otherwise, so if you amplify or make it new again, your choices remain.  The bottom tier is what happens if you don't hit Use As Default - it means you just temporarily want to see this text differently, but not permanently make any changes.

I hope this helps!

• Like 3

BTW, Joel's remark points to one of the things I really appreciate in Accordance! The ability to personalize the font type and/or size to this extent is one of the things that makes the program very enjoyable to use.

Thanks for all you folks do to make Accordance a quality tool.

DC

• Like 2

Terrific, Michael and Joel.  Yes, this is exactly what I needed to know.  And I am also sincerely grateful for Accordance' beautiful customization ability.

Now, secondly, what about changing the Default display for search results windows (see right panes in attached screenshot).  Is there a way to do that, as I don't currently see one?

Thank you.

post-35231-0-30588800-1536684150_thumb.jpg

Edited by TYA

In general I believe that the display characteristics of the texts and tools in the Research tab conform to the defaults that you set in Preferences: Text Display and Preferences: Tool Display. Of course these are general, so the Hebrew and Greek font sizes will be automatically scaled to match,

Hmm... Don't think I could get the "Lexicon Lookup" and "Word Usage" tabs to conform to any rules, since the options given (above) in the "Preferences" menu are only for English fonts--not Hebrew or Greek.  But if I'm missing something, please let me know.  All in all, the advice above was very helpful.  Thanks so much.

• 3 years later...

None of these options work. I want to show the texts without a space between verses. If I set this in Preferences it does not change the display. If I set this in "Text Pane Display" and hit the default option, it works for the current session. However, if I quit and restart the application, all panes revert to their former spaced-out display.

Note in Accordance 12, this worked perfectly and I had all my panes set up exactly as I wanted. However, after having recently upgraded to Accordance 13, this problem has presented itself.

Thanks for any help you can provide,