Show "Verse Hits" in "Word Usage" tab

TYA

Great day all.  Please show "Verse Hits" for search results in "Word Usage" tab, as suggested in this screenshot (attached).  Thank you.

post-35231-0-52137600-1536815417_thumb.jpg

Have you tried selecting Preferences -> Reading/Research -> Show hits in browser, to see the verse count listed on the left?

Have you tried selecting Preferences -> Reading/Research -> Show hits in browser, to see the verse count listed on the left?

I hadn't, but I now have tried that, and I see no difference (see attached).

post-35231-0-28303400-1536945144_thumb.jpg

You can see it in the screen shot you provided, see the (280) next to NASB 1977 in the browser on the left side? If you expand that browser you should see all of the results’ verse hits.

Thanks Joel, but I might have not communicated clearly enough.  I'm specifically looking for "number of verses with hits," which is different from "hits."

I did follow your advice to show the totals in the results listing, and I know see the parenthesis in the list of results, but those numbers are just the "hits"--not the number of verses containing hits.  Please see this screenshot for the distinction, as BibleWorks makes it.

post-35231-0-25157000-1536954415_thumb.jpg

Ah, I see what's going on here.  My searches were cached searches, so I saw the distinction.  My search was for 'inheritance', while yours was an uncached search, so it showed the actual number of hits.  This is a bit inconsistent, so we'll see what we can do.

• Like 1

And if I may, it would seem best to have the "Verse Hits" and total "Hits" in the same place, side by side.  (Consider how BibleWorks does it in that screenshot).  Perhaps in the list of results, you can have both numbers in the parenthesis--something like this:

ASV (323 / 319)

NASB (402 / 397)