footnotes

Antony

I think this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find the specific thread. It would be great if commentaries and books could have the option of having the footnotes open in a linked separate pane, so that we could have both the text and the footnotes open at the same time, without having to hover over the footnote numbers or click on them.

• Like 6

+1

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

+1

ditto

-- NORMAL --

Interesting that the older EBC was one of or perhaps the first major modern commentary that we adapted for Accordance, and the footnotes, which are extensive and technical, were placed in a separate module. We actually could not handle footnotes properly at that time.

• Like 1

+ 1

Actually, when reading books in Accordance, I tend to read the text in one zone and put the notes in a parallel zone to be able to keep them together (and increase the font size in the notes so they are readable!). It would be nice to have a feature that does this automatically and has the notes synced with the main text.

• Like 1

Interesting that the older EBC was one of or perhaps the first major modern commentary that we adapted for Accordance, and the footnotes, which are extensive and technical, were placed in a separate module.

This has a knock on effect on mobile devices as currently we cant have the ebc commentary and footnotes open at the same time and there is no easy way to switch between them. The floating notes actually work well on a mobile device provided i can select the superscript which isnt always easy,

Edited by ukfraser