Saving and naming sessions?

Donald Cobb

Hi all,

I know I can 1) save workspaces and 2) revert to auto-saved sessions going back 24h or so, but is there a way to save and name sessions long-term? I ask because my default session typically has about a dozen workspaces that are always open, and that are dedicated to different areas of research (one for OT, one for NT, one for NT manuscripts, etc.). I find it to be a good way of capitalizing on the ressources I own (i.e., not completely forgetting I have them!), all the while keeping them in discrete domains.

But there are times I would like to "clear the deck" and use other workspaces, without having 5-6 open in addition to the usual ones. So it would be nice to have, not only workspaces I could name, open and close, but actual sessions. Is there any way to do this? 

Thanks for any help!

DC

Hi Donald,

Try File/Save Session to see if that provides what you are looking for. When I name a session, I use a name that lets me know it is a session and not a saved layout.

Just go to "File —> Save Session" to save the session. Open the session by going to "File —> Open."

Fantastic! Works like a charm. Thank you John and Mark!

DC

• Like 1

I will also add that if you can save your sessions anywhere and open them from anywhere. I save mine in my OneDrive so they are in the cloud.

• Like 4