Command for Defining Search Range

TYA

I've read up on the documentation for defining a search range, and don't see an option to enter a command on the fly to limit the search range.  Something like: R 1Chr.-2Chr.  (where "R" stands for "range").  This would, in my opinion, save a little time for specifying a temporary search range limit.

Hi TYA

You need the range command. [RANGE xxx] where xxx is the range required. The shortcut on MAC is shift-cmd-R not sure what it is on Windows. Also available from the search menu (search => enter command => Range)

So to search for disciple in the gospels you would enter

disciple [RANGE Matt-John]

Edited by Steve King
  • Like 1

Check out the Help for details on various search commands including RANGE: Biblical Research and Analyses > Search Criteria > Search Commands > Stand-Alone Commands

Thx

D

On Windows, it is Shift+Ctrl+R.  In addition to Steve's options, it is also available via the Right-Click menu, or the Quick Entry box after typing an R.

• Like 1

Yep, there it is.  Thanks, all.  I posted this because I would have thought at least a mention of these options would have been included in this Help article from within Accordance itself.  (But just glad it does exist :)

file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Oaktree/Accordance/Resources/Accordance%20Help/Default.htm?Highlight=search range#topics/04_gswa/define_ranges.htm?Highlight=search range

post-35231-0-45320800-1537164485_thumb.jpg

Edited by TYA

• 4 years later...

I want to do a search over a range, then plot the hits over that range. The  ability to control the x-axis in the hit plot is limited to zooming over a range that is 60 chapters! I'd like to see the hits plotted over a much smaller range. 

Can you elaborate more on what you're wanting to do?