• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Diatheke76

Diatheke76

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:Study God's Word with my Bible Software. Still trying to learn how to play the guitar.
  • Accordance Version:13.x
  • Platforms:Windows

Posted 18 September 2018 - 11:40 PM

It’d be nice if the paper format was changed a bit to something more practical. I’d like the ability to copy and paste my outline from Word to Paper and get hyperlinked verses and ability to still insert images. With the current format you have to go line by line and that’s time consuming. Just a thought...
  • Fabian likes this

#2 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 6,213 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 19 September 2018 - 08:11 AM

Thanks for the feedback Diatheke, but I'm not sure what we are actually missing in this.  If you copy and paste an outline from MS Word it should generate a nice Paper outline from it.  You can insert images by simply pasting them onto a selected paper item.

Can you give a more specific example, or perhaps more details?

Joel Brown

By day: Lead Software Engineer at Accordance
By night: Freelance Trombonist

#3 Diatheke76

Diatheke76

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:Study God's Word with my Bible Software. Still trying to learn how to play the guitar.

Posted 20 September 2018 - 10:09 AM

I’ll have to check again. Maybe an update allows copying and pasting an outline from a Word document. When I tried it last year, it didn’t work and the Lady I spoke to said Paper didn’t support that. She said I had to use the “user’s tool” feature for that, but that didn’t work either because I had to manually create links.
Anyway, I’ll get back to you on that when I get access to my laptop 👍😁👌

#4 Diatheke76

Diatheke76

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 10:10 PM

Thanks for the feedback Diatheke, but I'm not sure what we are actually missing in this.  If you copy and paste an outline from MS Word it should generate a nice Paper outline from it.  You can insert images by simply pasting them onto a selected paper item.

Can you give a more specific example, or perhaps more details?

So I finally had time to copy and paste an outline from one of my sermons in a Word Document and it picked it up, but it pretty much messed up my outline.  I have to rearrange it, change Headings, etc.

I'd like to post the actual Word outline and the Accordance Paper version of it so you can look at it, but it says I'm not permitted to upload this kind of file, so I don't know how to get them to you.

Thanks!

#5 rcdeacon

rcdeacon

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts
  • Interests:Bible, computers
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 23 September 2018 - 04:50 AM

Being able to paste an outline into paper and retaining the formatting would be fabulous!

Bob

Bob Deacon  Accordance 13, Ipad Air 2 IOS 13  Motorola G6 Play Android

Surface Pro 6 Windows 10

Pastor Buckhorn Baptist Church, Como, NC

#6 Diatheke76

Diatheke76

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 06:20 AM

Yes it would, rcdeacon! Unfortunately there’s a glitch of some sort. Hopefully they can fix it, then we’ll be in real business 👍😁👌

#7 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 6,213 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 08:12 AM

Diatheke, I believe if you zip the file first, you should be able to upload it. Let me know if this works!

Joel Brown

#8 Diatheke76

Diatheke76

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 09:15 PM

Finally! I was able to zip the files.  The outline is in Spanish, but as you will notice, the Word document shows a nice outline, but the Accordance file where the outline is, is not showing in order, but out of order.  Lots of work needs to be done to fix it.

I hope you can help or maybe provide a how-to-guide to do it a different way.

Blessings!

#9 Diatheke76

Diatheke76

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 04:58 AM

Any luck opening the files?

#10 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 6,213 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 11:03 AM

Hi Diatheke, yes I was able to open the files. Your Word pastes pretty well into my mac over here, with only a little bit of editing required.  I'm checking it on Windows to see if it caused some of the minor issues you ran into.

I would like to point out that, Word allows basically anything in any format.  Our paper is a good bit more structured, which allows for really nice capabilities, but it also means that we have to make certain assumptions and guesses when importing from a 'wild' source.  I'm not surprised if a little tweaking is required after a paste, due to the different nature of the documents, which is still far less than having to reconstruct the whole thing.

Joel Brown

#11 Diatheke76

Diatheke76

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 03:09 PM

Thanks Joel! Paper is by far my favorite feature so it’d be nice if the Windows version of copy and paste could be tweaked a little. The same thing happens when I export from Paper to Word. It changes the original format too much.
Anyway, thanks for looking into it 👍😁👌

#12 Orly Margolis

Orly Margolis

Gold

• Accordance
  • 467 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x

Posted 10 October 2018 - 03:06 PM

Hi Diatheke,

I received your files and appreciate all the work you put into testing the pasting into Paper.

Microsoft Word has very powerful and complicated Lists. This program is forgiving even when you try to change the order or numbering without using Word's tools. But, when it comes to pasting these lists into other programs, the lists have to be completely accurate.  

Looking at your document, it seems that you must have used indent and outdent manually or added numbering manually and therefore some items are not pasted as they should.

Here are the buttons I use for the list:

Attached File  list.JPG   8.08KB   0 downloads - To toggle between create a list (- either from the selection or a new one), and clear list.

Attached File  listarrow.JPG   8.23KB   0 downloads - To choose the numbering format for the current list

Attached File  list indent.JPG   7.88KB   0 downloads - To set the item you are on, to be in a sub-list - indent

Attached File  list outdent.JPG   7.87KB   0 downloads - To set the item you are on to parent list - outdent

I changed your Word document, by removing all list information and then using these buttons to set the list and to indent.  It pastes much better into a paper now.

I'm attaching it here. 

Attached File  Epístolas de Cristo fixed.zip   13.29KB   0 downloads

Please let me know if you have any questions.

--Orly

#13 Diatheke76

Diatheke76

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 05:00 PM

Thank you, Orly!

I’ll take a look at it when I get home. I know the automatic outlining did this document; meaning point I, II, III etc. Were created automatically by Word, also the subpoints — but I see what you mean. I’ll try using the other features in my next outline to see how it pastes.
Thanks for the help! 👍😁👌

Edited by Diatheke76, 10 October 2018 - 05:21 PM.

#14 njwatkins07

njwatkins07

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 21 May 2020 - 12:09 PM

This is an old topic, but pasting an outline gave me fits, even after reading this thread.

First, I was placing the cursor in a text field before pasting. You have to past without selecting anything and have no cursor showing. Second, some Microsoft Word outline styles use a hanging indent, which won't work in Accordance. All text in a given point needs to be indented to the same level, not just the first line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users