#1 dangul2165

dangul2165

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Android

Posted 28 September 2018 - 12:40 PM

Has anyone yet tried to use Accordance for Android on their Chromebook. Does it work? It works beautifully on my cell phone and tablet and just wondering if I purchase a Chromebook it will work well on that platform? Thanks for your help!
  • R. Mansfield likes this

#2 DoosanMan

DoosanMan

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Windows, Android

Posted 05 October 2018 - 09:20 PM

Has anyone yet tried to use Accordance for Android on their Chromebook. Does it work? It works beautifully on my cell phone and tablet and just wondering if I purchase a Chromebook it will work well on that platform? Thanks for your help!

I have it working on a Chromebook.   It didn't for quite a while but on one of the last updates it started working.  I just switched to a MacBook though so haven't been using it.

#3 Matt Robertson

Matt Robertson

• Accordance
  • 47 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Windows, Android

Posted 11 October 2018 - 07:45 AM

Full disclosure, I have not tested the app on a Chromebook during development. I did get a chance to try it out on a Chromebook for the first time yesterday, however, and I was very pleased with the quality. The interface scales very well and for the most part the app works beautifully and runs extremely quickly. It's amazing what 8gb of RAM and a laptop processor will do for a mobile app 🙂

I did have one issue where the ESVS module crashed on open and a couple other very minor and inconsistent glitches related to text selection. The crash was not reproducible, so I'm not sure what caused it.

I can't guarantee that there are no significant problems since I have not fully tested it, but the app does seem to run very well on a Chromebook. And of course I'm always willing to work with you to fix bugs that we do find.

Matt Robertson

Android Developer

Accordance Bible Software

M.Div., Trinity Evangelical Divinity School

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users