Font color won't stay

TYA

Great day all.  No matter what I do, I can't get the font color to stay black in my Bible windows.  (By "Bible" I mean in contrast to Tool windows, which *do* stay black).  And yes, I'm using the "Use as Default" button, and then pressing "Ok" (see attached please).

(In fact, is there a way to universally set all font colors to black.  That would be ideal).  Thanks.

post-35231-0-65054900-1538321739_thumb.jpg

Edited by TYA

Although the “Use as default” button ought to work, I’m not certain why the text doesn’t stay black for you.

Regardless, the universal settings for all texts can be found in Preferences: Text Display. Let us know if that corrects the problem.

If you do not change the Theme from 'Custom', changing the color should stick.

There was a problem, fixed for the upcoming version, where no matter what theme you chose, it always selected 'Custom'.  

So, for now, please select the 'Custom' Theme, change the color to Black in the Customized Theme and press OK.

Open the 'Display Settings' again - make sure the Theme is 'Custom' and the color should be black.

Regardless, the universal settings for all texts can be found in Preferences: Text Display. Let us know if that corrects the problem.

Thanks Rick, but I already went through the Preferences multiple times, looking everywhere I could.  One of these screenshots (attached) shows that I already have it set to "black."

If you do not change the Theme from 'Custom', changing the color should stick. [[. . .]] So, for now, please select the 'Custom' Theme, change the color to Black in the Customized Theme and press OK. Open the 'Display Settings' again - make sure the Theme is 'Custom' and the color should be black.

I'm not changing the Theme, and it always does stay on "Custom."  However, whenever I open the "Set Text Display Settings, the font color *always* appears as "Custom."  It never has retained black, which is very annoying.

I then decided to try a workaround, which was to say, "Ok, if you're going to make me have "custom" as the font color," then I'll simply change the "custom" color to true black, since I'm able to customize it."

However, as this other screenshot (attached) shows, that didn't work either.  Unless I have to completely close Accordance and then restart it for the changes to take effect (which I've probably tried half a dozen times anyway, though not today), then I don't know.

post-35231-0-78229200-1538328842_thumb.jpg

post-35231-0-79666100-1538329041_thumb.jpg

Edited by TYA

Great day all.

I think I may have discovered a solution for my initial question here regarding the font color not remaining.

It turns out that I do most everything from Workspaces in Accordance (which are so wonderful; thank you for them!)  This means that I'm constantly amplifying from one window or another into Workspaces.

Well, it turns out that the "Custom" font color (which I hate, because it is deceptively close to true black, and therefore has left me having to go back and re-color text that I thought *was* black, but which really isn't), is what I had saved in almost all of my Workspaces.  (I never consciously chose "Custom" as the color, but Accordance somehow did, and that is what got saved in the Workspace).

Recognizing this, I went back and manually changed the default text color of each and every text in all my Workspaces to black (which took roughly an hour of time), and then resaved the Workspaces.

Since then, whenever I amplify into Workspace, it pulls up in black.  My guess is that the Workspace settings (i.e. "Custom" color) were overruling the settings which I had put in Preferences, and thus turning my text back to the annoying off-black "Custom."

If I'm correct, I must say that, on the one hand, I'm glad that the Workspace settings are so powerful and enduring.  That is a definite plus!  But on the other hand, it made for quite a time-exhaustive effort to get things figured out.

Edited by TYA
  • Like 1

Yes, and remember that if you're using a regular workspace and make any setting adjustments you should 'Save as' and rewrite your workspace.  That is, if you want to keep those settings in that particular workspace.

• Like 1