#1 Carol K

Carol K

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 04 October 2018 - 03:45 PM

If I search for +βαπτω in the Greek Bible (LXX + GNT), the hit on I Peter 3:21 is out of order. It appears between Acts and Romans (see first screen shot). The error persists if I remove the parallel ESV pane. It persists if I only search for βαπτισμα.

The order is correct if I search in NA28. 

If I search for αντιτυπος, the order is still incorrect when searching the Greek Bible but is correct with NA28.

Things get really interesting if I search for υπομιμνησκω. (See second screen shot.) The order of verses is Luke, John, 2Pet, 3John, Jude, 2Tim, Titus.

I am running Accordance 12.2.9 under MacOS 10.13.5.

Attached Files

#2 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 3,285 posts
  • Interests:a great cup of coffee, sci-fi, jazz and the blues, kayaking, camping, fishing and the great outdoors
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 04 October 2018 - 03:50 PM

Odd. It looks like this resource has the books in a different order than I am used to.

Attached File  Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 4.58.35 PM.png   42.26KB   0 downloads

Edited by Timothy Jenney, 04 October 2018 - 03:52 PM.

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer
Academic Licensing Assistant

iMac: Late 2014 27" 5k display, 4.0 GHz quad core i7, 24 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD, AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB, macOS Sierra 10.13
MBP: Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz quad core i7, 16 GB RAM, 480 SSD + 1 TB SSD, AMD Radeon HD 6750M, macOS Sierra 10.13
iPhone 7 plus: 128 GB, iOS 11.x

#3 Fabian

Fabian

Mithril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,771 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 04:00 PM

Yes the LXX-GNT has a different book order and then the Bible in parallel follows the "search" one. This is a normal habit in Accordance.

I might I have read the NA29 will follow also the old order, like the Tyndale GNT, Byzantine 2005/18 etc. 

Greetings

Fabian

Greetings

Fabian

ATTENTION: My bug reports are all with the GERMAN INTERFACE and with the EUROPEAN NOTATION! It can be the English interface has no bug, which I describe.

#4 Carol K

Carol K

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 06 October 2018 - 10:28 PM

So, it sounds like Accordance is behaving properly based on the data it has. But why is the book order not in proper biblical order in the LXX-GNT? It seems to me that is where the error is.

#5 Fabian

Fabian

Mithril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,771 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 01:09 AM

Hello Carol

IT IS!

The LXX-GNT uses the Westcott-Hort Text in the NT (see details). And they have this book order.

Attached File  Bildschirmfoto 2018-10-07 um 08.10.05.png   443KB   0 downloads

So Accordance use the original Verse order, they are absolutely correct.

Greetings

Fabian

BTW. I had a similar discussion with the creator of the Leonberger NT. He had used for the Byzantine 2005/18 also the NA28 verse order. First he was surprised and then he saw that Accordance trains the Byzantine verse order correct, instead of his Bible Software (brand L). Then he changed the verse order for the Accordance module

Edited by Fabian, 07 October 2018 - 01:16 AM.

Greetings

Fabian

ATTENTION: My bug reports are all with the GERMAN INTERFACE and with the EUROPEAN NOTATION! It can be the English interface has no bug, which I describe.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Greek Bible, Search, Bug

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users