Further options for Amplify>Root

Anthony Sepulveda

Hello,

I'm making my suggestion from the Greek NT text: when I use Amplify > Root on a compound word, maybe there can be an easier way to tell the App which root(s) you'd like to amplify. For example, I wanted to get a closer look at the word ἐνδώμησις in Rev 21:18, which has the roots (ἐν, δῶμα). I was more interested in δῶμα, but when I use Amplify > Root it searches directly for both roots, forcing the user to wade through the hundreds of instances where the ἐν appears in LSJ before getting to see the entry on δῶμα.

A workaround would be to go and manually edit the search parameters afterwards, but that would be an extra step. Maybe you could implement something like a check box list for the user to indicate which part(s) of the compound root would be amplified.

Thanks.

Interesting idea. I am not sure how frequently I would use such a thing. A query came up the other day related to this. Perhaps a new menu option distinguishing Amplify-> All Roots and Amplify -> Selected Roots could afford one way of providing a popup box without lengthening the common case click path.

Thx

D

Well, I don't think I'll be using that feature methodically either, but it would certainly assuage that sudden inquiry regarding some words you occasionally come across with, wanting to know a bit more about their possible etymology.

Interesting idea. 1+

• 2 months later...

+1

Be real nice to have a key command for this like the ⌘ + 4 for lex. I could do without ⌘ + 5 for context.