Window pane size question

TYA

Greetings all.  I've created a Workspace just the way I like it, and when I perform a search from it, the search results appear in a window very similar, but slightly different than my initial Workspace.

It seems that Accordance is "trying" to retain my initial Workspace settings, but not quite doing so, which results in me having to readjust the windows each and every time I perform a search.  Is there a reason for this, or better yet, is there a way to open search results in *exactly* the same dimension as my Workspace?

Compare both images attached, and notice how the panes in image #1 (my initial Workspace) are changed in image #2 (the search results window).

Thank you.

post-35231-0-77602300-1538874535_thumb.jpg

post-35231-0-05872900-1538874540_thumb.jpg

Edited by TYA

You have two tabs in this workspace which are almost identical in layout. When you run the search (amplify) it is bringing the second tab to the for because that's where the look up is being done. I think all you need to do is adjust the layout of the second tab so be as you like it and then save the workspace again.

Thx
D

I think all you need to do is adjust the layout of the second tab...

That's exactly the point.  I don't want to have to readjust the window panes each and every time I perform a search.  I'd like the results (second tab) to open with the exact dimensions as my original Workspace.

Edited by TYA

Ah ... now I understand what you're driving at. Time for some tests.

Thx
D

Ok I see the issue. I don't know what can be done (devs would have to comment) but here's what I see.

In the first tab the search is by verse, in the second by lexeme. You'll notice it you move the tabs to be beside one another that the search box for the lexeme search occupies more vertical space than the verse search. This pushes everything down a bit. In fact you cannot quite shrink the second tabs search box to be the same size as the first one. You could as a W/A enlarge the vertical size of the search box in the verse search tab. Then save the workspace and then they "should" match better.

Thx

D

Thanks D.  Actually, I think that Accordance is just making all the horizontal panes the same size in the search tab--plain and simple.  If you look at the second image again, you'll see that all four horizontal rows have just been evened out.

In my Workspace (the first image), I have them customized at various heights.  The search tab that opens simply makes them equal, which I don't want.  That's what I meant when I initially said Accordance "tries" to maintain the Workspace (since the number of rows, and versions are the same; that is good, of course).  But to my chagrin, it is failing to maintain the height of each row, which is what I repeatedly have to go back and adjust.

Accordance: is there a way to maintain the specific window heights?  That would be great.

A related request: Please cause the Instant Details window (and the Hebrew OT audio window) to maintain its location each time Accordance is opened.  For me, these both move about an inch from where I had them set, each time I open Accordance.

(Admittedly, with Instant Details and Hebrew OT Audio, I only have to adjust them once per session in Accordance, which isn't that bad.  But would be nice if I never had to move them.  But in my original post above, I'm having to adjust the search tab each time I close and reopen a new search, which is very annoying.)

Thank you.

Edited by TYA

I can repro that. So yes that would need a tweak too to get an exact duplicate.

Thx

D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

But just to be clear, I would greatly appreciate it if Accordance could make the Windows stay the same size.

Edited by TYA
  • Like 1