Cannot type the Hebrew nekkud using an Israeli keyboard

miketisdell

When you have the Israeli keyboard selected, you cannot type the Nekkud in the search window. On a windows PC the nekkud is accessed by pressing the caps lock and that using shift+[number key] for the appropriate vowel. However, when this is done in Accordance the results are just like they would be when the caps lock is not enabled i.e. ~!@#$%^&*() instead of the nekkud.

• Like 1

When you have the Israeli keyboard selected, you cannot type the Nekkud in the search window. On a windows PC the nekkud is accessed by pressing the caps lock and that using shift+[number key] for the appropriate vowel. However, when this is done in Accordance the results are just like they would be when the caps lock is not enabled i.e. ~!@#$%^&*() instead of the nekkud

I just realized that I can type some of the nekkud when the caps lock is on but without pressing "SHIFT"; however, the nekkud is not mapped to the same keys as expected on an Israeli keyboard. Not requiring a "SHIFT" is reasonable if the nekkud was mapped to the correct keys.

Mike,

Sorry. Responded prematurely.  Will test again and respond.

Edited by Orly Margolis
  • Like 1

Mike,

Sorry. Responded prematurely.  Will test again and respond.

Any updates?

Yes. I see the problem with the different vowels you get using the Israeli keyboard and the Caps Lock. 

This will be fixed in the next release.

As a workaround I have uploaded an image that shows the keys for the vowels as they are currently working - wrong setup for Windows. 

Please don't get used to them as they will change when you next update the app.

post-32195-0-55665400-1539095311_thumb.jpg

• Like 2