Full-Time Minister Discount

TYA

I'm seeing the following message when trying to apply this discount for the Holman Bible Atlas (and I saw it before for other items).  Does the Full-time Minister Discount only apply to certain items, or to all Accordance items?

And on a related note, regarding the Clergy Gift Cards that are now on sale, could those be redeemed for purchases in addition to the Full-time Minister Discount, or what that be considered stacking discounts?  Thanks

*The "Full-time Minister Discount" discount does not apply to any items in your cart.*
Edited by TYA

The ministerial discount does not apply to sale items. In most cases you cannot stack discounts. I have seen that message many a time.

The only time it would apply is when someone gives you a gift card and you redeem it. I was told this by a sales rep. Minister’s discount + gift card. Especially now, that those who buy it for you get a 20% off discount.

I was also told by another rep that they didn’t understand why they had it set up the way they do now — referring to the weird rule that if you buy a gift card and decide to spend it on yourself the 20% off discount doesn’t apply.

I agree is a weird rule — it’s “Clergy’s” Month and clergymen/women are the ones that are the majority who buy Accordance, not lay people. Since it’s “our month” we should get that extra stacked discount even if we buy a gift card for ourselves.

But anyway, that’s what I’d do to sell more, but I don’t make the rules. So it’s ok

The ministerial discount does not apply to sale items

Thanks Michael.  But the Holman Bible Atlas isn't on "sale" now--at least as far as I understand.

Update: I just tried a mock purchase of this item again, adding the Full-time minister discount manually again from the website, and this time the shopping cart seems to be applying it.  Not sure the discrepancy before, but thanks all for the answers.

Edited by TYA