Mouse control in Bible Atlas 2?

TYA

Great day all,

Instead of using the navigation arrows at the bottom and right of the screen, can one move around the atlas using the mouse (like drag and drop)?  I've noticed that this *does* work when in a 3d cross-section (see attached), but I haven't found an option to do so when in 2d mode.

Also, does anybody know if I can add my own locations or points of interest to this atlas, and save them permanently?  Or am I only limited to the layers given here in the "Accordance Bible Atlas, Version 2"?  Thank you.

post-35231-0-90971100-1539323056_thumb.jpg

To answer your first question, you can use the Control key to move around the Atlas. While holding the Control key (which turns the cursor into a hand) you can click-and-hold your left mouse button to move.

If you have a trackpad, you can pinch-to-zoom, otherwise you can use Control + or Control - to zoom in and out.

To zoom in quickly to a desired location, drag a box with your mouse and then double-click inside the box.

Also, "Control Alt -" will zoom you all the way out.

To answer your second question, you can definitely create your own locations in the Atlas.

The first step is to create a User Layer ("Define User Layer" from the drop-down menu).  

The next step is to add whatever you want to the new User Layer you've created:

1. Select your new User Layer and go to "Edit User Layer" from the drop-down menu.

2. An editing palette appears (see the help documentation or podcasts to learn more about using the editing palette).

3. Click "Done" at the bottom of the editing palette when you're finished adding items to your User Layer.

Edited by Mark Allison

Beautiful, Mark.  Thanks so much.  I like using the mouse to move around much better, so this helps.  I read an article on how to use the atlas last night, but it was basic, and didn't cover those detailed things.

Just FYI, I noticed that the movement--viz., all movements, whether moving directionally, or zooming in or out, seems very slow and "clunky" to me.  I know it's not my computer, which is lightning fast; and everything else in Accordance moves quickly for me.  Just thought I'd share in case something can be improved for the future.

Thanks again!

Actually, I want to modify something from my last post.  Scrolling through Bible text is also considerably delayed for me.  Not sure why this is.  It's like it takes Accordance a moment to realize that I'm scrolling up or down.  Very similar to the atlas' behavior.