Trying to download app update on poor internet connection

Ronelh

I am a fairly new Accordance user, currently running Accordance 12.2.8.  For several days I have been trying to download the latest app update.  It downloads partway and then cuts out with the error message that the update is "improperly signed".  I've tried this at least 4-5 times with the same result.

I am not a computer expert, but I strongly suspect that the problem is not with the program itself, but with my dodgy internet connection.  I have a 3G connection that has an average speed of around 500 Kbps but actually fluctuates constantly from 0 to 800.  However, with some patience, it works okay with most things and I am able to download even quite large files (up to several hundred MBs) over the internet, especially with the help of a download accelerator. 

However, I have always had trouble with the downloader in the Accordance app, as it seems very sensitive to my internet fluctuations.  For content updates, it cuts out constantly and I keep having to restart it.  I found that I could put up with this though, because when I restart it, it just picks up from where it left off.  So I need a heavy dose of patience to download content updates, but it gets there eventually. 

But now when I try the app update, it cuts out completely and I have to start the download over from the beginning.  If I could only get it to 100% without it cutting out, it would probably install okay, but so far I haven't been able to get it to do that.  I live in a village in Africa so I don't have many internet options ... definitely no broadband out here!  I have to work with what I've got, warts and all.

Is there another way I could download and install the update file without having to go through the Accordance app's downloader?  If there was a website link I could use to download it, I could probably use my download accelerator and get the file downloaded successfully.  But so far I haven't found any place on the Accordance website for downloading updates.

Thank you, that is what I was looking for!  I will try now to download it.

• Like 1