Full NKJV Notes?

Brett K.

Would it be possible for Accordance to provide the full notes for the NKJV?

I only recently learned that Thomas Nelson has two sets of notes they use for their NKJVs. Some editions have the full notes, while some editions have the abridged notes. Olive Tree and BibleGateway.com have the full notes.

For example, check 1 Kgs 18.24 and Col 2.8 in BibleGateway and compare to the Accordance NKJV Notes module. BibleGateway has notes the  Accordance NKJV Notes module does not have.

Is there any way to get the full NKJV notes in Accordance?

Thanks

Brett

• Like 2

By way of comparison, it looks like we’re missing a lot of the NKJV notes. 

If we can add the full set of notes (and hopefully, we will), I hope we can also address the missing footnote markers in not only the NKJV but also the NRSV. Neither of these translations have any indicators in the text for footnotes. When a translation does have footnote indicators, the user can hover the mouse over the indicator to see the footnote in instant details without having to open the separate notes file. For the NKJV and NRSV, the user has to have the separate notes files open to even know if there are any indicators. The NRSV notes repeat a phrase to indicate which part of the verse the note references, but in the NKJV, there’s no way to know in Accordance! For instance, the note for John 1:16 in the NKJV reads “NU-Text reads For.” It reads For instead of what? Without the footnote indicator, there’s no real way to know. 

• Like 4

• 3 years later...

I have very recent files from the publisher (August, 2021), and notes for Colossians 2:8 and 1Kings 18:24 aren't included. I've just sent a note to the publisher and I'll let you know the response as soon as I hear back.

Edited by Mark Allison
  • Like 1

If this helps....

IMG_6744.pngIMG_6743.png