New Installation: Accordance not picking up modules

Avery

Hi,

I've checked the Support FAQ and I've got a couple problems that it doesn't address:

1) I installed 8.0.2. It works but when it loads it asks me to find an NIV text (which I purchased through the Zondervan Essential Bible Study Suite). I installed the Study Suite and can see the module when it asks me to look for it, but it is greyed out and Accordance won't allow me to select it. How do I solve this problem?

2) I tried to re-install the whole package from scratch but I don't have the unlock codes. I am helping my friend Walt Baker with this (I'm doing this on his behalf). If someone from OakTree checks this forum can they email him his unlock codes? I'm pretty sure that OakTree has the information; his ZIP is 75218. I don't feel comfortable posting his email in a public forum. I tried calling OakTree but no one is home.

If someone knows how to solve problem 1, then I don't need to re-install! Thanks!

Avery

I can assure you that the OakTree staff are in the office and doing their best to answer each call as it comes in, and each voicemail as promptly as possible.

I hope that you do not need to reinstall for Walt. We encounter this problem occasionally, that modules aren't recognized. There is no easy answer, and I prefer to screenshare or walk you through various steps to try to fix it.

Please send me a personal message with the phone number or iChat name I can use to contact you (I am overseas at present).

BTW: There are no unlock codes needed for the Zondervan Essential, which is all he has apart from the version 8 upgrade.

I just talked to Avery and we fixed the problem by deleting the NIV from the Library window and then adding it back. we do occasionally have problems like this when people upgrade (as he was) from the older NIV Complete Study Bible.

Archived