Original language of patristic works

Ιακοβ

I am doing a highly technical linguistic study where I need access to the underlying text pre-translation into English.

I know we have English translations of works such as Origens "Commentary on the Epistle to the Romans", but is it possible to get modules that have equivalent the Greek and/or Latin original versions of such works?

Thanks!

We have Holmes' 3rd edition of the Apostolic Fathers in Greek, Latin and English. However, it doesn't include Origen. 

Includes the following:

First and Second Clement
Epistles of Ignatius
Epistle of Polycarp
Martyrdom of Polycarp
Didache
Epistle of Barnabas
Shepherd of Hermas
Epistle to Diognetus
Fragment of Quadratus
Fragments of Papias
Traditions of the Elders

Edited by Helen Brown

Have you tried Migne? A quick google on Migne Patristica came up with this:

http://patristica.net/graeca/#t007-1

Some of Origene's works are here:

https://books.google.fr/books?id=qAkRAAAAYAAJ&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false

That might help out a little...

• 3 weeks later...

There are so many patristic works that it's probably impractical for Accordance to offer modules for them all. You either have to work with paper or find your own electronic text. In general, for works in the Patrologia latina, you can download plain text or XML from Corpus corporum. I don't know of anything comparable for Greek. If you have access to the TLG and it contains the work of interest, Accordance can convert the TLG file to a user module.

In the case of Origen's commentary on Romans, the CPG (Clavis patrum graecorum) tells us at no. 1457 that we only have fragments of the original Greek: the rest survives only in a Latin translation by Rufinus. The Latin and some of the fragments can be found in PG 14, 833–1292. I don't think you'll find an electronic text. More recently, Sources Chretiennes published a new edition in vols. 532, 539, 543, and 555.

• Like 1