search for "ἦ δ’ ος"

A. Smith

Searching for "ἦ δ’ ος" in lsj. I know it's there because I'm looking at it. But I can't seem to find it in a search. I tried various combinations of symbols but couldn't get it. post-29320-0-65159500-1540490592_thumb.png

post-29320-0-75715900-1540490616_thumb.png

The string you want is:   ἦ δ * ὃς

In some of these cases, its hard to tell what's an accent vs. punctuation - remember you can always select the text and do Amplify menu -> Search This Resource.  Accordance will construct the phrase correctly for you.

• Like 1

Ok. Amplify would work except I was searching something in plato and needed to look it up in LSJ. I found it manually in LSJ, but not by the search as I had hoped. I suppose I still haven't gotten the hang of the symbols yet. Thanks.

A quick follow up on this one. I was playing with exact and inflected searches on LSJ on the Greek Content field and expected that something like "=ἦ" would work and find this entry, or perhaps =ἦ. But neither work. When I look at the pop up list for the Greek Content field I don't see accents or diacritics. Is it possible to do such searches on the LSJ Greek Content field or is the data searched without diacritics only ?

thx

D

Unfortunately, tools don't support exact or lexical searches.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, tools don't support exact or lexical searches.

Ok. That's good to know. That was my problem, it seems. Thanks.