MAJOR UPDATE! Accordance 12.3.0 for Windows/macOS

R. Mansfield

Accordance 12.3.0 for Windows and macOS is a major update delivering a brand new Text Browser feature, significant enhancements to Papers/Stacks, Research, Searching, Web browser, and much more! Best of all, it's FREE for Accordance 12 users!

For more information, please see today’s blog post!

text%20browser.png?dl=1

12.3%20New%20Features%20in%20Research.pn

12.3%20web%20browser.png?dl=1

Paper%20folders.png?dl=1
  • Like 8

Very very cool.

In the description for the Localization, you can add "Italian".

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 1

Nice!

I absolutely LOVE text browser!!! This give me something very close to the Bibleworks Browse button!

One of the best features is that I can setup groups with the versions I want to display and access them from the drop down on the top of the browse button!!!!

One request: Can you add an option that allows you to select the text of all of the versions displayed and do a single copy and paste from that window to get a copy of all of the versions in the text browser?

• Like 1

For those who want something like the Bibleworks Browse window here are some instructions:

You can go to the add tab and create a tab with the new “text browser” in the upper left hand corner of the text browser you can select any grouping of text that you have already group together in the Library, under “My groups.”  You can then right click the tab and choose “tie” and link it to another tab that has the full version displayed and then the tabs will be in sync with each other when you change verses. You then can change between the full text and the list of versions by selecting the different tabs.

Setting up the groups is a little slower than selecting versions in the Bibleworks browse window but once they are selected, the grouping is permanent and you can setup multiple groups and selecting which group is displayed is faster than changing a display grouping in Bibleworks.

Mike: Glad you like the text browser!

One request: Can you add an option that allows you to select the text of all of the versions displayed and do a single copy and paste from that window to get a copy of all of the versions in the text browser?

Just don't select any text, then the Edit -> Copy option is Copy All Panes, which is exactly what you desire.  There are export options available in Preferences -> Web & Text Browser.

You can go to the add tab and create a tab with the new “text browser” in the upper left hand corner of the text browser you can select any grouping of text that you have already group together in the Library, under “My groups.”

Remember, if you always want a particular group to open in a Text Browser, you can set that default in the Web & Text Browser preferences.

You can then right click the tab and choose “tie” and link it to another tab that has the full version displayed and then the tabs will be in sync with each other when you change verses.

Don't forget, if you open a tab from an existing search text, either with Amplify -> Text Browser, or a live click on a verse reference, then it automatically ties.

Setting up the groups is a little slower than selecting versions in the Bibleworks browse window but once they are selected

I'm not sure how BibleWorks did it, but I'm able to set up groups pretty quickly from my Library with Right-click -> Add to User Group.

• Like 4

Is there a way to put the Text Browser in the toolbar? 

Just don't select any text, then the Edit -> Copy option is Copy All Panes, which is exactly what you desire.  There are export options available in Preferences -> Web & Text Browser.

Remember, if you always want a particular group to open in a Text Browser, you can set that default in the Web & Text Browser preferences.

Don't forget, if you open a tab from an existing search text, either with Amplify -> Text Browser, or a live click on a verse reference, then it automatically ties.

I'm not sure how BibleWorks did it, but I'm able to set up groups pretty quickly from my Library with Right-click -> Add to User Group.

I'm just exploring the new release of 12.3.0, but I can't tell you how grateful I am for some of these new features--primarily the "Text Browser" and literal Hebrew search changes.  And I'm sure that there is even more that will bless me, but Accordance Team, you are wonderful.  Thank you for listening and moving so fast.

I know requests continue to come forward (and please remember my other ones too :), but this release blesses me in a major way.  Thank you so much.

P.S. I notice there is no "command bar" in the Text Browser.  I'd like to be able to jump to a different verse than the one currently showing in the Text Browser.  Can that be done, so that I can keep the same Text Browse window open, and just type different verses that I want to look at?

(Also, it would be a nice option to have the Recycle button default to "off" or "on," instead of me having to manually turn it off (since I prefer it off)).  Thanks :)

Edited by TYA
  • Like 3

P.S. I notice there is no "command bar" in the Text Browser.  I'd like to be able to jump to a different verse than the one currently showing in the Text Browser.

Whoops, I just noticed that there is a verse entry field in the lower right-hand corner of the screen.  Nevermind.

Edited by TYA

For those who want something like the Bibleworks Browse window here are some instructions:

You can go to the add tab and create a tab with the new “text browser” in the upper left hand corner of the text browser you can select any grouping of text that you have already group together in the Library, under “My groups.”  You can then right click the tab and choose “tie” and link it to another tab that has the full version displayed and then the tabs will be in sync with each other when you change verses. You then can change between the full text and the list of versions by selecting the different tabs.

Setting up the groups is a little slower than selecting versions in the Bibleworks browse window but once they are selected, the grouping is permanent and you can setup multiple groups and selecting which group is displayed is faster than changing a display grouping in Bibleworks.

Mike, could you spell this out in detail for me?

If I would like to have a text browser as parallel pane and not a new zone (which Live Click produces), how do I do that?

If I choose "Add Parallel", text browser is not an option. That would be handy in order to have text browser available in the same manner as Info pane.

Btw: GREAT feature! Coming from BibleWorks, this is a feature I have missed.

Morten

Joel, thanks for that reminder! I know I have used that in the past, but I keep forgetting about it as I usually end up using drag and drop. 

Joseph

Mike, could you spell this out in detail for me?

If I would like to have a text browser as parallel pane and not a new zone (which Live Click produces), how do I do that?

If I choose "Add Parallel", text browser is not an option. That would be handy in order to have text browser available in the same manner as Info pane.

Btw: GREAT feature! Coming from BibleWorks, this is a feature I have missed.

Morten

Do use add parallel. Go to the "+" at the right of the last tab and add a new tab.

It would be great to have a video that explains all of the new features!  

• Like 1

I wish there was an option to left align the Hebrew text, I have a wide monitor and I first thought that the Hebrew entry was missing until I looked to the right and saw the HTM-W4 entry. It looked nothing like the screenshot.

This can break the flow when you are quickly scanning the various versions.

Edited by Sandersann
  • Like 1

Not selecting the text was not intuitive but it works! Thanks.

You'll have to take a look at how Bibleworks did version selection sometime. It is very fast to change bible selections and you can have different selections saved for each tab; however, you cannot save the selection set itself like you can in Accordance. Additionally, you cannot select the context i.e. 1 verse, 2 verses, etc... in bibleworks in the Browse window (This is a really nice feature).

This was the feature I missed the most as I have been transitioning from Bibleworks, and this is very comparable.

Now if they Accordance had something like GSE (Graphical Search Engine); while the same outcome can be produced with construct searches and linked tabs, the GSE display is much faster and the display is much more intuitive.

Sandersann, I think this is a minor bug.  Preferences -> Appearance -> Limit Text Width should prevent the text from being too wide, even on wide monitors, and it would also keep the right-aligned texts closer to the left-aligned.  For some reason, though, this isn't working in the Text Browser, so we'll take a look.

• Like 1

I absolutely LOVE text browser!!! This give me something very close to the Bibleworks Browse button!

One of the best features is that I can setup groups with the versions I want to display and access them from the drop down on the top of the browse button!!!!

It's already there, Mike. Just select the Tab (not a text in it), then go to Edit>Copy All Panes. Enjoy!

It's already there, Mike. Just select the Tab (not a text in it), then go to Edit>Copy All Panes. Enjoy!

Is a podcaste on its way with all the new features dr j ????

• Like 3

What a great update!

I really like the Text Browser! Plus, I can open multiple panes of the text browser (in order to group different languages) and tie them all to the same Bible text so they all stay in sync!  Perfect!

The web browser's Reference Detection for Instant Details is a feature I was really hoping for and I am so happy that it is now a reality!  However, it does not seem to be working on PDFs (neither web-based nor local files). Is this PDF issue a bug or a feature that has not yet been added? 

• Like 1

Great new tool!

I also wish mouseover highlighting would work between the main text in one tab and the text browser when they are displayed side by side and tied together (the same way it works with parallel tabs).

I know that mouseover highlighting works inside the text browser but this can become tricky when your source version is not being displayed the list and you have to scroll down or up or rearrange the order of the versions.

• Like 1

The web browser's Reference Detection for Instant Details is a feature I was really hoping for and I am so happy that it is now a reality!  However, it does not seem to be working on PDFs (neither web-based nor local files). Is this PDF issue a bug or a feature that has not yet been added? 

Unfortunately I was not able to open a PDF from my HD, with 12.3 the Browser entry field always delete my address and go back to the default one. This seems to be a bug. But I hope too, this feature will work one day (with a search feature).

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 1

Unfortunately I was not able to open a PDF from my HD, with 12.3 the Browser entry field always delete my address and go back to the default one. This seems to be a bug. But I hope too, this feature will work one day (with a search feature).

Greetings

Fabian

I am still able to open PDFs from my HD by adding "File://" to the beginning of the path.  (i.e. File:///Users/~) but the Reference Detection does not currently work on these files.

I just wanted to write my Accordance don't like the file:///Users/....

I had opened the file in Safari and then I copied the address like before and paste it in Accordance. There was no problem with 12.2.x. If I hit enter it goes back to the https://wwwentries. 

Mmmh. 

Greetings

Fabian

Just updated to 12.3.0, but now when I move from my Firefox web browser back to Accordance, Accordance crashes every time??

Accordance Crash Log
    Memory load (MB): 80% Physical: 4004 Avail: 770
    Free disk user (MB): 247682 All free: 247682
    Accordance Version 12.3.0 (12.3.0.0)
    Crashed at: 18:11:55:927 On: 1 of Nov, 2018  GMT Standard Time

Address:   $771FE4D0

Backtrace:
  $771FE4D0
  $771B1453
  $0044FC07
  $004346B1
  $005BFCBD
  $005BFE17
  $005BFE7E
  $005BFED0
  $00574E53
  $00575A19
  $75DEBE6B
  $75DE833A
  $75DE7EDA
  $75DEA629
  $771DC6CD

Stacks/Papers sub-folders. Yeah!

Will Workspaces ever get this feature? It would be a major help in organization.

Edited by JohnABarnett