MAJOR UPDATE! Accordance 12.3.0 for Windows/macOS

R. Mansfield

Is a podcaste on its way with all the new features dr j ????

Yes! The podcast on the Text Browser should be released today. It is 12.3 biggest feature, so we thought a dedicated cast to it should be first on our list. Next week I'll be podcasting on a brand new Accordance resource, which means the overview of all of Accordance 12.3's features will have to wait until after it.

Remember that "Accordance Help" (accessible via the Help menu) has a section called "New Features in Accordance 12." Scroll down a bit and you'll see sections on each update. Enjoy!

• Like 4

which means the overview of all of Accordance 12.3's features will have to wait until after it.

!

Its always worth the wait!!!!

• Like 1

Next week I'll be podcasting on a brand new Accordance resource!

Intriguing

;o)

A lot of updates and upgrades this year! Thank God all of my Bible softwares are up-to-date

• Like 1

Just updated to 12.3.0, but now when I move from my Firefox web browser back to Accordance, Accordance crashes every time??

Customer services helped fix the issue, something was stuck in the background and a new workspace seemed to shift it, looks to be stable now...

The new features are great, especially the text browser - very nicely done! I like the direction Accordance have gone in trying to incorporate some of BW's better features in new and exciting ways, keep up the good work!

I want infopane lite or something similar in iOS much more than the next DT app.

-dan

• Like 1

Dear Accordance Team,

A sincere "thank you" for the 12.3.0 update again, because in addition to my 3 favorite additions, viz.,

1) Text Browser

2) Hebrew (more) literal search in Research window (though I still want it 100% literal, without prefixes and suffixes being added against my desire)

3) User-created Hebrew modules *beginning* to be cross-searchable with existing Accordance texts (because as of now, I've reported that my own user-created Hebrew module itself doesn't even appear in the search results with the other Accordance texts (which is hopefully just a bug, though no one has responded to me yet on this),

I also appreciate the following about 12.3.0:

4) I don't have to manually highlight a Hebrew word (or a portion of it) in order to perform an inflected search.  Instead, just by mousing over the Hebrew word, I can right-click and choose "Inflected."  This is much quicker and more intuitive, as I discussed regarding the old way in a previous thread.

5) As a result of the Text Browse window (just to get a little more specific), you've now cut down the number of steps to get from a list of Research results to viewing those results in multiple text versions.  (I would still like the Instant Details to allow numerous (4-6?) text versions instead of just 1 or 2), because that makes analyzing search results / Research results even all the more faster).

6) New search windows that are opened from an existing window appear to now appear to hold the original window dimensions, which is great.  I had reported that the "memory" of the original window seemed to be getting lost, so that I had to manually resize the search window each and every time I performed a new search.  This is fixed now.

For all of these things, I say "Thank you" again wonderful Accordance Team.

• Like 1

Do use add parallel. Go to the "+" at the right of the last tab and add a new tab.

Hi Mike,

This produces a new tab, right? I would like the option to add Text Browser as a new pane - much like the Info Pane. Is this possible?

Morten

Hi Mike,

This produces a new tab, right? I would like the option to add Text Browser as a new pane - much like the Info Pane. Is this possible?

Morten

If I understand your question well, it is not yet possible to add a Text Browser as a parallel resource as far as I know (using the Parallel feature to the right of the pane).

A workaround is to add the Text Browser as a pane, drag the pane to wherever you want to create the new pane (right or left up or down) and then use Tab Ties to link the Text Browser to the Text pane thus having the two panes in parallel. 

I wish they could reduce the number of steps required and add the option for the Text Browser as a parallel resource and enable mouseover cross highlighting between the Text and the Text Browser panes. 

Edited by Sandersann

While I still am by no means completely comfortable in Accordance, and while I do realize there are some real strengths to the program that I don't use yet, the new Text Browser feature is a GREAT addition and something that makes Accordance much more familiar and helps me use the program in a way that mimics BibleWorks. It's not perfect yet, but I want to acknowledge this feature as a very good one.

Mike

• Like 4

Nice update. Impressive the detection of verses going to a web page in the browser.

• Like 2

Helol

The page “For BibleWorks Users” can now be updated too.

Greetings

Fabian

The podcast on the Text Browser has been posted!

Click here.

• Like 2

Fabian,

Sorry for the slow reply.  I am able to open both local or online PDFs in the web browser with no issues (see image).  Can you give me an idea of the circumstance where this did not work for you?

post-34535-0-22940300-1541476082_thumb.png

• Like 2

Fabian,

Sorry for the slow reply.  I am able to open both local or online PDFs in the web browser with no issues (see image).  Can you give me an idea of the circumstance where this did not work for you?

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2018-11-05 at 21.56.50.png

I send you an e-mail. 

I found out I can open some PDFs but not my own. It seems I have used characters which doesn't worked. 

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 1