#1 Christopher Heard

Christopher Heard

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 02 November 2018 - 10:13 AM

I use the Accordance Atlas module quite a lot for college teaching purposes, but there is one aspect of it that I find very frustrating: scaling and scrolling. Showing the same region over time in multiple class sessions is made difficult. Also, adding places to the map via search causes the scale to change. For example, suppose I adjust the map so that it’s zoomed in as far as possible while still showing Ur, Haran, and Hebron on the screen. If I then search for Bethel, boom, the map scale changes and now we’re looking at a close-up of Judea and Samaria; even Kinneret is no longer visible, much less Haran and Ur. So … if the following map features exist, I would love to know how to find/use them, and if they do not exist, they would make excellent additions to a module that hasn’t changed much in quite a few years.

• The ability to set the map scale by direct numerical input (1:2808000 or whatever, in the lower left-hand corner) in addition to the +/– scale buttons.
  • The ability to center the map window on a particular site or latitude/longitude.
  • The ability to “freeze” the map scale and scrolling position, both to prevent accidental changes and to prevent search from “zooming in” on search results.

• R. Mansfield, mgvh and Solly like this
Chris Heard
Associate Professor of Religion
Pepperdine University
http://drchris.me

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: atlas, map

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users