If you remove the file from your favorite workspaces, then add it again, does the problem persist?
I did the following:
1) completely deleted one of my Workspaces from Accordance (both the program itself and the Accordance folder on my PC)
2) Quit Accordance (closed it).
3) Copied my backup of that Workspace into the Accordance folder
4) Opened the Workspace in Accordance and re-saved it (overwriting it), and also selected "Add Workspace."
5) Went to the Library and put it in alphabetical order with my other Workspaces.
6) Quit Accordance (closed it).
7) Reopened Accordance to test the Workspace.
It now appears to work without any trouble. I'm glad for that, but I thought I had done this same thing already (before posting this topic), and it stopped working at some point. All I know is that things are acting goofy. Either the Workspace isn't opening at all (as I showed in the screenshots above), or it's losing its order in the Library (which is still happening).
I've hypothesized that I could completely wipe them all out (steps 1-7 above), and reload them all, but that obviously isn't ideal (for me, or anybody else). Not to mention, I have about 15 Workspaces.
But on the other hand, I can open the Workspace directly from the "File -> Open" menu, using only one or two more clicks than before, so I may default to this rather than having to manually rebuild my whole Workspace "library."
Edited by TYA, 05 November 2018 - 04:58 PM.