Workspaces Not Opening After 12.3.0 Release

TYA

Great day friends,

Workspaces aren't opening properly since the release of 12.3.0.  Is this a bug?

(Note: this doesn't happen for *all* of my Workspaces, but only some.  However, another symptom (not shown in the screenshot) is that the Workspaces are losing the order I've put them in, in the list view in the Library.

Oh, and  I haven't moved anything or changed anything on my computer that would otherwise cause this, to be sure.  It just suddenly started happening after installing 12.3.0 the other day.

Thanks.

post-35231-0-11728600-1541292753_thumb.jpg

Edited by TYA

removed

Edited by HansK

And further note, it seems another report of this same issue was posted today by a Mac user (I'm a Windows user):

https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/24897-problem-finding-texts-in-upgrade/

If you remove the file from your favorite workspaces, then add it again, does the problem persist?

If you remove the file from your favorite workspaces, then add it again, does the problem persist?

I did the following:

1) completely deleted one of my Workspaces from Accordance (both the program itself and the Accordance folder on my PC)

2) Quit Accordance (closed it).

3) Copied my backup of that Workspace into the Accordance folder

4) Opened the Workspace in Accordance and re-saved it (overwriting it), and also selected "Add Workspace."

5) Went to the Library and put it in alphabetical order with my other Workspaces.

6) Quit Accordance (closed it).

7) Reopened Accordance to test the Workspace.

It now appears to work without any trouble.  I'm glad for that, but I thought I had done this same thing already (before posting this topic), and it stopped working at some point.  All I know is that things are acting goofy.  Either the Workspace isn't opening at all (as I showed in the screenshots above), or it's losing its order in the Library (which is still happening).

I've hypothesized that I could completely wipe them all out (steps 1-7 above), and reload them all, but that obviously isn't ideal (for me, or anybody else).  Not to mention, I have about 15 Workspaces.

But on the other hand, I can open the Workspace directly from the "File -> Open" menu, using only one or two more clicks than before, so I may default to this rather than having to manually rebuild my whole Workspace "library."

Thank you.

Edited by TYA
  • Like 1

Same issue. 

I can add that I have strong's dictionary open with my greek notes file attached to it and for some reason when I start accordance I always have to manually open the notes file again.  The workspace does not open up my saved notes file automatically.  Was not an issue in previous updates.

• Like 1

Toma, I'm still trying to diagnose this.  Can you email me your "Workspaces.apref" file?  It should be located at "C:\Users\~you~\AppData\Local\Accordance\Accordance Preferences".

Also, can you tell me the name of the workspace you got working through the process you mention above?  My plan is to look at the data in your "Workspaces.apref" and compare the one you've gotten working to the ones that still aren't.

Can you email me...

Yes, just sent you the email.  Thank you for all your hard work.  It means a ton :)

Edited by TYA