Feature Requests for 13?

jarcher

I'm sure you're all hard at work on version 13... and I'm excited.

I wanted to throw out a few feature requests.

New User item - Saveable Reference lists. 

I've been hoping for this one for a long time. I have many lists of passages that I organize by subject. Right now there isn't a great way to do this other than using a workspace.

Devotional Tracking

I'd love to move my daily Bible reading to Accordance so I can take advantage of user notes (which I use as a sort of commentary), highlighting and building my reference lists (see above). But, there are just enough disadvantages to keep me from moving. For example, I can't track my reading, rearrange the schedule, create my own plan, use other popular plans, etc. Some improvements here would be great.

Custom Info Pane Items

I LOVE the ability to use "My Toolset" to add my own user items to the mix in the info pane. However, due to the number of them it ends up being a big mess. I'd love to be able to add multiple "My Toolset" items and then organize them by type. For example, "My Journals" and "Apostolic Fathers", etc.

User Lexicon

I think this one has been mentioned often. 

Info Pane Pericope:

The info pane is awesome. But.. there is also limited usefulness with some portions of it. For example, the "word list" isn't very helpful as it is also tied to a single verse. I'm not really sure what value there is in seeing words by Concentration in a single verse. The ability to adjust the pericope for the info pane would be great. For example, allowing it to match the verses displayed in the parallel pane (or, for example, the adjacent 10 verses or something).

Info Pane Alignment

Right now everything in the info pane is organized in horizontal rows. As a result, most of the text for the items within the info pane is cut off. The ability to organize by vertical list would be great. Maybe display the first 5 items with the ellipses to allow for the expansion of the full item time (e.g. commentaries).

Resize Graph Fonts

I'd love to be able to resize the labels on the analytics graphs.

Edited by jarcher
  • Like 2

Hi Jeremy,

The Reference List thing I could certainly use, and User Lexicon would be good and as you say it's come up a number of times before.

By Devotional Tracking do you mean custom reading plans ?

Thx

D

Edited by דָנִיאֶל
  • Like 1

Hi Jeremy,

The Reference List thing I could certainly use, and User Lexicon would be and as you say it's come up a number of times before.

By Devotional Tracking do you mean custom reading plans ?

Thx

D

I would love custom plans. But I'd settle for the Discipleship Journal one. :-D 

I also just edited my origin post to mention custom plans as well.

• Like 1

I have many lists of passages that I organize by subject. Right now there isn't a great way to do this other than using a workspace.

I'm no expert, but what about using bookmarks?  The Library lets you create folders for the bookmarks, which would effectively allow you to organize them by subject, as you desire.

One of the greatest things I appreciate about bookmarks is that you can put more than just verse references.  You can put any other kind of material--tools, historical works, etc.  And you can change the list order of them within the folders as well, in case you want to order them chronologically, by importance, by date of find, etc.  Here's a screenshot of mine, if you are interested.

One of my previous requests was to have a shortcut (either icon or keyboard) to bring up the bookmarks "dialogue" more quickly.  Now, I use the shortcut to open the Library, and then I have to scroll all the way down to the bottom.  Not terrible, but Accordance: I would like to make this even more readily accessible somehow.  (But please don't only make it an icon on the toolbar, as I hide that due to limited screen space).

post-35231-0-82726900-1541476025_thumb.jpg

Edited by TYA

TYA, yes, bookmarks are great for all the reasons you mentioned. Unfortunately, you can’t conduct a search against a list of bookmarks.

Unfortunately, you can’t conduct a search against a list of bookmarks. 

Oh, got ya.

Edited by TYA