Saving a Workspace

Steve King

I have some workspaces where I do some study and then move to the next set of verses. At that point I would like to save the workspace so that it saves my current position in the the texts and tools. However when I go to save the workspace it only has 'save as' available so I then have to go through the process of 'saving as' and overwrite the existing workspace. All I really want to do it save the workspace. If I add a text tab then remove it it lets me 'save' as well as 'save as' so why not when I scroll a text or tool?

My personal preference would be to have 'save' available all the time so I could save any changes I've made to the workspace. Using command S (when 'save' is not available) doesn't indicate anything so you might think you have saved it when you have not.

Others may have an issue with changing this. Any thoughts?

• Like 1

+1.  I have the same issue.  I use the same workspaces over and over for study, and each time I have to do the 'save as' procedure when all I really want to do is save the new opening location.

+ 1

At one point, I thought I was saving the workspace because I was typing cmd + s, only to find out later that I had lost that specific workspace setup. Especially when reading through books I want to come back to later at the same place or wanting to save searches, this can become a problem.

I don't believe that there is a shortcut option for "save as". Am I mistaken?

• Like 1