Fabian

Mithril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,447 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 08 November 2018 - 05:19 PM

Hello

In non unicode Texts I can write two words and Accordance searches for the two word in the verse.

E.g. Himmel Erde

Attached File  Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-08 um 23.23.43.png   234.02KB   0 downloads

In unicode Bibles if I write two words it find it only the the words if they are together.  Otherwise I have to add the <AND> command. 

With no words together

Attached File  Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-08 um 23.27.22.png   218.88KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-08 um 23.27.35.png   210.56KB   0 downloads

A text with the words together.

Attached File  Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-08 um 23.30.46.png   133.26KB   0 downloads

I can handle it. I simply found the search difference.

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian, 08 November 2018 - 05:23 PM.

• Silas Marrs likes this
Greetings

Fabian

ATTENTION: My bug reports are all with the GERMAN INTERFACE and with the EUROPEAN NOTATION! It can be the English interface has no bug, which I describe.

#2 TYA

TYA

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Interests:Panasonic Toughbook CF-31
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Intel I5 CPU (2.4GHz)
    8GB Ram
  • Platforms:Windows

Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:10 AM

A text with the words together.

Just curious: "Himmel" and "Erde" are separated by a comma in your screenshot.  Does that count as "together" in Accordance, or is the comma actually separating them?

I appreciate you pointing out the "different search habits."  I think the underlying message in your statement--"I can handle it"--is that you would prefer to have one consistent, uniform way of doing things.  If that is so, I would like to echo my preference for one consistent, uniform way of searching (where possible).

And if I've totally stuffed words in your mouth that you never intended, then... I'd *still* like to voice my preference for one consistent, uniform way of searching :)

Edited by TYA, 09 November 2018 - 02:10 AM.

#3 Fabian

Fabian

Mithril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:02 PM

Just curious: "Himmel" and "Erde" are separated by a comma in your screenshot.  Does that count as "together" in Accordance, or is the comma actually separating them?

I appreciate you pointing out the "different search habits."  I think the underlying message in your statement--"I can handle it"--is that you would prefer to have one consistent, uniform way of doing things.  If that is so, I would like to echo my preference for one consistent, uniform way of searching (where possible).

And if I've totally stuffed words in your mouth that you never intended, then... I'd *still* like to voice my preference for one consistent, uniform way of searching :)

In this case Accordance didn't recognize the comma.

Yes consistent is easier to handle for all. 

You nailed it exactly :)

If I'm correct the search habit without you have to add <AND> came with Accordance 10. But I mostly use MacOS Roman fonts. Since I have added some Qurans which are in unicode, because they have some transliterations in which has no equivalencies to MacOS Roman characters I realized there are different search habits.

Greetings

Fabian

Greetings

Fabian

ATTENTION: My bug reports are all with the GERMAN INTERFACE and with the EUROPEAN NOTATION! It can be the English interface has no bug, which I describe.

#4 Fabian

Fabian

Mithril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 02:00 PM

Maybe it will be listed on the fixes for 12.3.2:-)

Greetings

Fabian

Greetings

Fabian

#5 Fabian

Fabian

Mithril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 03:13 PM

O.K. not. 12.3.3?

Greetings

Fabian

Greetings

Fabian

#6 OSchrock

OSchrock

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 14 January 2019 - 07:29 AM

Hello

In non unicode Texts I can write two words and Accordance searches for the two word in the verse.

Greetings

Fabian

I have the same problem with some Portuguese texts I've imported.

Searching also does not recognize hyphenated words. Instead of searching for "disse-lhe" (as I can in Accordance's official Portuguese module) I instead have to search for "disse <AND> lhe"

Thank you

• Fabian likes this

#7 Fabian

Fabian

Mithril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 08:23 AM

I have the same problem with some Portuguese texts I've imported.

Searching also does not recognize hyphenated words. Instead of searching for "disse-lhe" (as I can in Accordance's official Portuguese module) I instead have to search for "disse <AND> lhe"

Thank you

Thanks for your support. 

There seems to be 2 things. 1 bug with the hyphenation, and one with the search habits. 

For you, try this:

Open your Portuguese Text in BBEdit or CotEditor or similar software. There you can change from utf-8 to Mac OS Roman. Save it and import it again. If you open it in BBEdit and some of your characters are not supported in Mac OS Roman you'll get an error message. 

Greetings

Fabian

Greetings

Fabian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users