Fabian

Mithril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,190 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 08 November 2018 - 05:19 PM

Hello

In non unicode Texts I can write two words and Accordance searches for the two word in the verse.

E.g. Himmel Erde

Attached File  Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-08 um 23.23.43.png   234.02KB   0 downloads

In unicode Bibles if I write two words it find it only the the words if they are together.  Otherwise I have to add the <AND> command. 

With no words together

Attached File  Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-08 um 23.27.22.png   218.88KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-08 um 23.27.35.png   210.56KB   0 downloads

A text with the words together.

Attached File  Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-08 um 23.30.46.png   133.26KB   0 downloads

I can handle it. I simply found the search difference.

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian, 08 November 2018 - 05:23 PM.

• Silas Marrs likes this
Greetings

Fabian

ATTENTION: My bug reports are all with the GERMAN INTERFACE and with the EUROPEAN NOTATION! It can be the English interface has no bug, which I describe.

#2 TYA

TYA

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:Panasonic Toughbook CF-31
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Intel I5 CPU (2.4GHz)
    8GB Ram
  • Platforms:Windows

Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:10 AM

A text with the words together.

Just curious: "Himmel" and "Erde" are separated by a comma in your screenshot.  Does that count as "together" in Accordance, or is the comma actually separating them?

I appreciate you pointing out the "different search habits."  I think the underlying message in your statement--"I can handle it"--is that you would prefer to have one consistent, uniform way of doing things.  If that is so, I would like to echo my preference for one consistent, uniform way of searching (where possible).

And if I've totally stuffed words in your mouth that you never intended, then... I'd *still* like to voice my preference for one consistent, uniform way of searching :)

Edited by TYA, 09 November 2018 - 02:10 AM.

#3 Fabian

Fabian

Mithril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,190 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:02 PM

Just curious: "Himmel" and "Erde" are separated by a comma in your screenshot.  Does that count as "together" in Accordance, or is the comma actually separating them?

I appreciate you pointing out the "different search habits."  I think the underlying message in your statement--"I can handle it"--is that you would prefer to have one consistent, uniform way of doing things.  If that is so, I would like to echo my preference for one consistent, uniform way of searching (where possible).

And if I've totally stuffed words in your mouth that you never intended, then... I'd *still* like to voice my preference for one consistent, uniform way of searching :)

In this case Accordance didn't recognize the comma.

Yes consistent is easier to handle for all. 

You nailed it exactly :)

If I'm correct the search habit without you have to add <AND> came with Accordance 10. But I mostly use MacOS Roman fonts. Since I have added some Qurans which are in unicode, because they have some transliterations in which has no equivalencies to MacOS Roman characters I realized there are different search habits.

Greetings

Fabian

Greetings

Fabian

ATTENTION: My bug reports are all with the GERMAN INTERFACE and with the EUROPEAN NOTATION! It can be the English interface has no bug, which I describe.

#4 Fabian

Fabian

Mithril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,190 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 02:00 PM

Maybe it will be listed on the fixes for 12.3.2:-)

Greetings

Fabian

Greetings

Fabian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users