How to perform "Tag" search for a specific word

TYA

Great day all,

I just watched Dr. J.'s podcast "140) Basic Greek Searches" and he goes over the four basic search methods (lexeme, inflected, root, and tag).  He states that the tag search finds the specific tag for *any* word containing that particular tag (which I figured out myself), but he doesn't explain how to find only a particular word (e.g. egeneto) with the tag in question.

I'm sure there is a way to do this.  What is the fastest way to do this, directly from the search line (i.e. not using a Construct)?  Thank you.

Ginomai@[VERB 3 aorist middle indicative ]

It can of course be any appropriate tags. Best to use the search menu, enter tag, verb etcetc after you have entered the lexeme.

• Like 1

Ginomai@[VERB 3 aorist middle indicative ]  It can of course be any appropriate tags. Best to use the search menu, enter tag, verb etcetc after you have entered the lexeme. 

The first part of your answer is straight forward enough.  But what I'm asking, to be a little clearer, is how do I go from this point (shown in this screenshot) to then finding only the lexeme eipen in this particular tag (shown in screenshot)?

post-35231-0-56906500-1541791645_thumb.jpg

Edited by TYA

TYA, there are many different ways to accomplish this.

1) You could type @eipen or @εἶπον after the [ ] part of your tag search.  The @ command can work in any order.

2) You could search for the word (lexeme) and combine it with the hits of your original tag search: @ [HITS LXX Rahlfs Tagged]

3) You could look at the Analytics of your lexical search for eipen.  Aside from the wonderful wealth of information they provide, you can do a search from the Analysis tab or the Pie or Bar chard that will give you those specific instances.

I'm sure there are others, but these three come to mind.

I may be misunderstanding your question, but can't you simply do an 'inflected' search for your highlighted term and get the same results?

I may be misunderstanding your question, but can't you simply do an 'inflected' search for your highlighted term and get the same results?

If this would accomplish precisely the same thing in Greek, then good.  But I wouldn't know because my knowledge of Greek isn't that far along yet.  Thanks for the pointer.

TYA, there are many different ways to accomplish this.

Thank you, Joel.  Always so helpful.

Edited by TYA
  • Like 1