User Tool Update Problem

Julia Falling

Hey –

I keep getting this error message and the Tool does not update properly.  Help!  Thanks.

post-330-0-44420500-1541803275_thumb.jpg

Because I have had loss of data syncing due to (I think) beta testing on both Mac and iPad, I have, before I sync at the end of an Accordance session, compressed my Accordance Files folder and added it to the Document folder where I store the last month's work.  I have minimized data losses this way.  If you don't beta test, you may not have had these issues.  Anyway, I had done the same thing this time so I quit Accordance and replaced the User Tool that refused to update with the most recent version —> minimal loss of data & time.  I was able to make the necessary changes and everything  is now functioning as it should.

It would be nice to have this issue fixed, however – I've seen it before.  I think it start when I tried to edit by typing in non-edit mode instead of opening an edit window with ⌘U.

Edited by Julia Falling
  • Like 1

Julia, usually when I see this error, it is because I left a search argument in my User Tool that is no longer valid.  Say, I was searching for "brethren" but I just removed that word from my user tool.  Are you sure this wasn't the case?

I'm not sure at this point.  I'll pay attention to this if ever I run into the error message again.  Thanks

• Like 1