CNTTS Apparatus

Donald Cobb

Over the last couple days, I've been working with the Accordance version of the CNTTQ apparatus, which contains a huge wealth of information for textual criticism, but I've been finding it somewhat unintuitive to use. I'm very familiar with the BW version of it, which reproduces the verse current verse for each variant, and puts the relevant word in boldface. This made it easy to see in a glace which word was being discussed (I wanted to upload some screen shots, but I can't remember how to do it, sorry!). 

Any chance of this feature being added to the Accordance version? I admit that, without it, the mere numbers with isolated words, is fairly arcane...

Thanks for anything that can be done to make this module more user-friendly!

Donald Cobb

Edited by Donald Cobb
  • Like 3

Donald,

I understand what you are requesting and agree it would be a good feature to include. In Accordance I have a workspace that has the CNTTS and the Greek Text linked together. This makes using the Accordance version much easier and with the Apparatus in a separate workspace I can access it easily. 

However, for those not familiar with BW here is a screen shot showing my ACC  CNTTS workspace next to BW CNTTS.

Again, great suggestion.

post-1391-0-12718100-1541857712_thumb.png

• Like 3

Thanks Fidel. I'm trying this again. I think it's helpful to comparer between the two, as you've done.

The BW version:

capture-CNTTS-app.tiff

CNTTS-app3.tiff

The Accordance version:

CNTTS-App-Acc1.tiff

CNTTS-app-Acc2.tiff

• 5 months later...

Coming in late here, but I also will...

1) share a screenshot of my CNTTS Revised setup for those who my benefit from it (thanks again to John Fidel for his earlier advice)

and

2) request that Accordance make the CNTTS look more like the one in BW (i.e. with the whole verse reproduced, with each variant unit highlighted).

Additionally, if there was a way to hyperlink the variant words in the apparatus for those who don't know the Greek, that would be very helpful.  That way, when a reading has additional words (e.g. + μου), one could mouse over the word and get a helpful gloss.

post-35231-0-55902300-1556639809_thumb.jpg

Edited by TYA
  • Like 2