Notes on the Greek Text/Textual history of LXX

A. Smith

Along with the Gott LXX is a series of monographs on the textual history and various observations of the greek texts of the respective books. Seeing as we've happily got the text and apparatus in accordance, what is the likelyhood of getting these volumes as well? Is it planned? If not, let this be a formal request!

• Like 4

Anthony, you may already know this, but those text histories are available as free (legal) PDFs here, in the meantime.

I'd also love to see Wever's "Notes" on the LXX-Pentateuch, but as of 2016, at least, Accordance wasn't going to pursue them. Maybe the SBL LXX Commentary series will make its way to Accordance?

• Like 2

There are also the introductions to each book of NETS which discuss the character and history of the translations. 

These are obviously briefer than an entire monograph (the majority of those were in German btw) but these NETS notes are great places to start.

(The BHQ apparatus are also good in that respect.)

Edited by Douglas Fyfe
  • Like 2

Anthony, you may already know this, but those text histories are available as free (legal) PDFs here, in the meantime.

I'd also love to see Wever's "Notes" on the LXX-Pentateuch, but as of 2016, at least, Accordance wasn't going to pursue them. Maybe the SBL LXX Commentary series will make its way to Accordance?

I did NOT know that. Thanks!

• Like 1

Sure! The files themselves are pretty large, so may take a while to download, but it's nice having them!