16 replies to this topic

#1 Suzette in NC

Suzette in NC

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 19 November 2018 - 09:24 AM

Any rumors of an Accordance 13 version yet?  I need to upgrade from 11 to 12 but want to wait if there is a 13 coming soon.

#2 Fabian

Fabian

Mithril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,905 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 19 November 2018 - 10:16 AM

Any rumors of an Accordance 13 version yet?  I need to upgrade from 11 to 12 but want to wait if there is a 13 coming soon.

If I'm correct Accordance has a grace period. If you upgrade and in a short time the next release is out you get it for free. So no worry to upgrade.

Greetings

Fabian

Greetings

Fabian

ATTENTION: My bug reports are all with the GERMAN INTERFACE and with the EUROPEAN NOTATION! It can be the English interface has no bug, which I describe.

#3 revtim

revtim

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • Twitter:@revandmrshall
  • Interests:discipling, loving my wife and family, the Bible, preaching, & technology

Posted 19 November 2018 - 11:40 AM

I echo Fabian's response having taken advantage of the grace period of which he speaks.

In Christ,

Tim Hall

MacOS

MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, 2017) [space grey...coolest computer color in my mind]

1.2 GHz Intel Core m3

8 GB 1867 MHz LPDDR3

Intel HD Graphics 615 1536 MB

Running Catalina 10.15x

iOS

iPhone X on Verizon

64 GB

Running iOS 13x

iPad (9.7" early 2018)

Wi-fi only

32 GB

Running iOS 13x

#4 Daniel Francis

Daniel Francis

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts
  • Interests:Contemplative prayer, ecological stewardship, science-fiction, and cat herding are some of my interests.

Posted 19 November 2018 - 12:30 PM

I could be very wrong but I have heard no rumblings about 13 yet and unless they are just very good at keeping secrets (which they may be) I would suspect next year sometime is the earliest we would see 13. That said Always can be surprised.

-dan

#5 Paul Meiklejohn

Paul Meiklejohn

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • Interests:Photography, running and coffee (lots of coffee...)

Posted 19 November 2018 - 12:48 PM

My thinking would be in line with Dan's, especially since they have just released 12.3 with some significant upgrades.  I'm no authority here, but I would guess we are good 6 months away from that.  Still, hope springs eternal!

Paul.

Paul M.

Pastor.

All things Apple, iMac, Air, iPad, iPhone.

Long term Accordance user. (10 years).  v.11.

#6 Suzette in NC

Suzette in NC

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 19 November 2018 - 01:34 PM

Thanks, Everyone!

#7 jarcher

jarcher

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 19 November 2018 - 04:34 PM

The best way to address this issue is to release version 13.  :rolleyes:

• Michael Hunt and TYA like this

#8 pbgroover

pbgroover

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Platforms:Windows, iOS

Posted 19 November 2018 - 06:39 PM

I was also hoping for Nov like the previous 2 releases but with 12.3 just released maybe it will be a little while yet. I’m sure when 13 is released though it will be packed with cool new features and hopefully a refreshed look - I’m looking forward to see what is in store.

Here is a list when previous editions were released, not quite a 2 year pattern, but not far off. I couldn’t find the release dates for 4.0 and 6.0 if anyone knows these?

1.0 Feb 1994
2.0 Apr 1996
3.0 Oct 1997
4.0 ?
5.0 Jul 2001
6.0 ?
7.0 May 2006
8.0 May 2008
9.0 Sep 2010
10.0 Aug 2012
11.0 Nov 2014
12.0 Nov 2016
13.0 ?
  • Michael Hunt and MattChristian like this

#9 Michael Hunt

Michael Hunt

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Twitter:oddsocks
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS, Android

Posted 19 November 2018 - 07:52 PM

I just hope that Accordance utilizes Seinfields Productivity Secret (otherwise known as "Don't Break the Chain" – see https://www.lifehack...ation-problem/)

Those beautifully ordered and even numbered release years from 7.0 are a chain of beauty :-)

Just need to release 13.0 by the 31st of Dec to keep the chain going.

Edited by Michael Hunt, 19 November 2018 - 07:53 PM.

Formerly known as oddsocks

#10 TYA

TYA

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Interests:G-d; Moshiyach; Jewish texts; Israel; family; spreading good news, and serving G-d's people; making new friends (hopefully you!); Bible software's like Accordance :)

Panasonic Toughbook CF-31
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Intel I5 CPU (2.4GHz)
    8GB Ram
  • Platforms:Windows

Posted 19 November 2018 - 08:14 PM

Just need to release 13.0 by the 31st of Dec to keep the chain going.

Thanks, Michael.  I apparently misunderstood of one of your other posts in which you mentioned the next major release. But seeing the historical time frame you provided above gives me a good bit of hope for some things I'm gunning for.  Good job here.   :)

Edited by TYA, 19 November 2018 - 08:15 PM.

#11 billman

billman

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Koine Greek, Classic Hebrew, and linguistics.
  • Platforms:Windows

Posted 10 October 2019 - 05:41 PM

It appears it is finally close.  Not sure why they only give you previews and not actually facts and information.  Would be great to have real data such as a release date and upgrade information.  I guess they work backwards :unsure:  and give you previews of information that they will not even confirm that it exists.  Obviously, it is close but where is the factual information?  

https://www.accordan...e.com/Dark-Mode

Edited by billman, 10 October 2019 - 05:41 PM.

#12 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 4,480 posts
  • Twitter:@thislamp
  • Interests:Biblical studies/backgrounds & Patristics; Eastern Orthodox theology/practice; time w/my wife, Kathy & hound, Lucy Mae; cooking w/cast iron & Tabasco; excursions in my Jeep Wrangler
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 10 October 2019 - 09:30 PM

It appears it is finally close.  Not sure why they only give you previews and not actually facts and information.  Would be great to have real data such as a release date and upgrade information.  I guess they work backwards :unsure:  and give you previews of information that they will not even confirm that it exists.  Obviously, it is close but where is the factual information?  

We're still finalizing everything. it's all coming together but not everything is in place. We could wait until everything is ready and say, "Surprise! Here it is with all the details and all the answers to your questions!" but isn't it more fun to get bits and pieces leading up to the reveal?

• Daniel Francis, dandennison, Fabian and 2 others like this

Richard Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

#13 Fabian

Fabian

Mithril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 01:28 AM

We're still finalizing everything. it's all coming together but not everything is in place. We could wait until everything is ready and say, "Surprise! Here it is with all the details and all the answers to your questions!" but isn't it more fun to get bits and pieces leading up to the reveal?

Yes thats good to know. 

Sometimes I think do Apple really use their own software? Sometimes it is only head shaking. I was coming from XP and really Apple is not better it is only different. Some is in another OS better some on Mac. 

Greetings

Fabian

Greetings

Fabian

ATTENTION: My bug reports are all with the GERMAN INTERFACE and with the EUROPEAN NOTATION! It can be the English interface has no bug, which I describe.

#14 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,707 posts
  • Accordance Version:2.x

Posted 11 October 2019 - 03:05 AM

I was coming from XP and really Apple is not better it is only different.

I mainly agree though i have found apple to be a lot more stable.

But I really miss windows explorer!!!! Always have done and been running both for years, finder isnt a patch on it. The good news is that you can run windows on a mac!!!!!

I also miss control spacebar in word on windows. No equivalent command key on word on mac. ;o(
  • Fabian likes this
Fraser Sims
Accordance 3x on iOS 12x on iPad pro and iPhone 8, occasionally accordance 12x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading all aspects of a service from my iPad including liturgy, sermon and the congregational singing; HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music for the service; Sibelius for preparing the music scores; Lightroom for my photo library!

#15 Tony Lawrence

Tony Lawrence

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:Hosting Bible Land Tours, Expository Preaching, My granddaughter

Posted 11 October 2019 - 07:07 AM

I also miss control spacebar in word on windows. No equivalent command key on word on mac. ;o(

Good news: you can assign Control-Spacebar to clear all formatting in Word on the Mac. First, go to the Tools menu and select Customize Keyboard at the bottom. Second on the Categories choose All Commands. Type clear in the search at the top right and choose ClearAllFormatting in the box below. Third, at the bottom box where it says Press new keyboard shortcut press the keys Control-Spacebar, then click Assign. Finally click OK. Now you can select text and press Control-Spacebar and it will remove all formatting. 

• ukfraser likes this
Tony Lawrence
biblelandphotos.org

#16 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,707 posts
  • Accordance Version:2.x

Posted 11 October 2019 - 07:25 AM

Brilliant, thank you Tony!!!!!!!
Fraser Sims
Accordance 3x on iOS 12x on iPad pro and iPhone 8, occasionally accordance 12x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading all aspects of a service from my iPad including liturgy, sermon and the congregational singing; HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music for the service; Sibelius for preparing the music scores; Lightroom for my photo library!

#17 Alistair

Alistair

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted Yesterday, 11:44 AM

I will be looking forward to trying out the PDF import feature for version 13. 

I'm also hoping for a new application icon.

Hopes for a new look/interface/functionality appear to have been dashed by the sneak peaks already given.

Should we expect to be blown away by something amazing, or just accept that the next version will be more evolutionary than revolutionary?

Edited by Alistair, Yesterday, 11:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users