Accordance 13

Suzette in NC

Any rumors of an Accordance 13 version yet?  I need to upgrade from 11 to 12 but want to wait if there is a 13 coming soon.

Any rumors of an Accordance 13 version yet?  I need to upgrade from 11 to 12 but want to wait if there is a 13 coming soon.

If I'm correct Accordance has a grace period. If you upgrade and in a short time the next release is out you get it for free. So no worry to upgrade.

Greetings

Fabian

I echo Fabian's response having taken advantage of the grace period of which he speaks.

I could be very wrong but I have heard no rumblings about 13 yet and unless they are just very good at keeping secrets (which they may be) I would suspect next year sometime is the earliest we would see 13. That said Always can be surprised.

-dan

My thinking would be in line with Dan's, especially since they have just released 12.3 with some significant upgrades.  I'm no authority here, but I would guess we are good 6 months away from that.  Still, hope springs eternal!

Paul.

The best way to address this issue is to release version 13.  :rolleyes:

• Like 2

I was also hoping for Nov like the previous 2 releases but with 12.3 just released maybe it will be a little while yet. I’m sure when 13 is released though it will be packed with cool new features and hopefully a refreshed look - I’m looking forward to see what is in store.

Here is a list when previous editions were released, not quite a 2 year pattern, but not far off. I couldn’t find the release dates for 4.0 and 6.0 if anyone knows these?

1.0 Feb 1994

2.0 Apr 1996

3.0 Oct 1997

4.0 ?

5.0 Jul 2001

6.0 ?

7.0 May 2006

8.0 May 2008

9.0 Sep 2010

10.0 Aug 2012

11.0 Nov 2014

12.0 Nov 2016

13.0 ?

• Like 2

I just hope that Accordance utilizes Seinfields Productivity Secret (otherwise known as "Don't Break the Chain" – see https://www.lifehacker.com.au/2012/02/how-seinfelds-productivity-secret-fixed-my-procrastination-problem/)

Those beautifully ordered and even numbered release years from 7.0 are a chain of beauty :-)

Just need to release 13.0 by the 31st of Dec to keep the chain going.

Edited by Michael Hunt

Just need to release 13.0 by the 31st of Dec to keep the chain going.

Thanks, Michael.  I apparently misunderstood of one of your other posts in which you mentioned the next major release. But seeing the historical time frame you provided above gives me a good bit of hope for some things I'm gunning for.  Good job here.   :)

Edited by TYA

• 10 months later...

It appears it is finally close.  Not sure why they only give you previews and not actually facts and information.  Would be great to have real data such as a release date and upgrade information.  I guess they work backwards :unsure:  and give you previews of information that they will not even confirm that it exists.  Obviously, it is close but where is the factual information?  

https://www.accordancebible.com/Dark-Mode

Edited by billman

It appears it is finally close.  Not sure why they only give you previews and not actually facts and information.  Would be great to have real data such as a release date and upgrade information.  I guess they work backwards :unsure:  and give you previews of information that they will not even confirm that it exists.  Obviously, it is close but where is the factual information?  

We're still finalizing everything. it's all coming together but not everything is in place. We could wait until everything is ready and say, "Surprise! Here it is with all the details and all the answers to your questions!" but isn't it more fun to get bits and pieces leading up to the reveal?

• Like 7

We're still finalizing everything. it's all coming together but not everything is in place. We could wait until everything is ready and say, "Surprise! Here it is with all the details and all the answers to your questions!" but isn't it more fun to get bits and pieces leading up to the reveal?

Yes thats good to know. 

Sometimes I think do Apple really use their own software? Sometimes it is only head shaking. I was coming from XP and really Apple is not better it is only different. Some is in another OS better some on Mac. 

Greetings

Fabian

I was coming from XP and really Apple is not better it is only different.

I mainly agree though i have found apple to be a lot more stable.

But I really miss windows explorer!!!! Always have done and been running both for years, finder isnt a patch on it. The good news is that you can run windows on a mac!!!!!

I also miss control spacebar in word on windows. No equivalent command key on word on mac. ;o(

• Like 1

I also miss control spacebar in word on windows. No equivalent command key on word on mac. ;o(

Good news: you can assign Control-Spacebar to clear all formatting in Word on the Mac. First, go to the Tools menu and select Customize Keyboard at the bottom. Second on the Categories choose All Commands. Type clear in the search at the top right and choose ClearAllFormatting in the box below. Third, at the bottom box where it says Press new keyboard shortcut press the keys Control-Spacebar, then click Assign. Finally click OK. Now you can select text and press Control-Spacebar and it will remove all formatting. 

• Like 1

I will be looking forward to trying out the PDF import feature for version 13. 

I'm also hoping for a new application icon.

Hopes for a new look/interface/functionality appear to have been dashed by the sneak peaks already given.

Should we expect to be blown away by something amazing, or just accept that the next version will be more evolutionary than revolutionary?

Edited by Alistair

But I really miss windows explorer!!!! Always have done and been running both for years, finder isnt a patch on it. The good news is that you can run windows on a mac!!!!!

We'll have to one day privately compare notes on this. One of the main reasons Windows remains secondary to my use of macOS is that I find Windows Explorer highly inefficient for numerous reasons when compared with the macOS Finder.

• Like 1

Is there a clue what the upgrade pricing will be like?

I have accumulated a sizable library in Accordance (I think I spent something like 5K over the past year or so building up the library.) Do I need to repurchase the library? Or is it for just the client software?

I guess the price is the same or in this area:

The Collection 12 Starter is your minimum upgrade to Accordance version 12.

Collection 12 Starter is $59.90

Collection 12 Starter upgrade from version 11 is only $49.90

Collection 12 Starter upgrade from version 10 is $54.90

https://www.accordancebible.com/Accordance-12-New-Features

Greetings 

Fabian

• Like 1

Do I need to repurchase the library? Or is it for just the client software?

My understanding is that it is just the client software (i.e. paying for an upgrade to v.13).  Nothing changes about the library.

Edited by TYA
  • Like 2

Thanks! It is a fantastic deal then. 

The pricing is more then reasonable in this case. I wonder if the work is sustainable just through sales? Or is additional funding from sponsors required? I can't imagine it's cheap to continually improve the software.

Edited by lesterchua

Thanks! It is a fantastic deal then. 

The pricing is more then reasonable in this case. I wonder if the work is sustainable just through sales? Or is additional funding from sponsors required? I can't imagine it's cheap to continually improve the software.

Yes it is. You get to keep all the modules you have already purchased, and the software keeps on getting better.

The upgrade price is always reasonable.

• Like 2

I guess the price is the same or in this area:

The Collection 12 Starter is your minimum upgrade to Accordance version 12.

Collection 12 Starter is $59.90

Collection 12 Starter upgrade from version 11 is only $49.90

Collection 12 Starter upgrade from version 10 is $54.90

https://www.accordancebible.com/Accordance-12-New-Features

Greetings 

Fabian

So since I already have 12, is that to say an upgrade to 13 is at no cost?

it depends. 

No if you have 12 for quite some time.

Yes if you purchased 12 very recently. I'm not really sure but in the near of 3 month before the next version comes out they get the next for free. 

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 1