When God Spoke Greek- Timothy Law

MattChristianOT

Hello,

I would like to suggest When God Spoke Greek: The Septuagint and the Making of the Christian Bible, By Timothy Michael Law, Oxford, 2013. It is a great read through on the Septuagint and some of the history behind it. While I do not agree with everything he says, I just figured with the recent push for LXX research, this might be a good title to consider.

https://www.amazon.com/When-God-Spoke-Greek-Septuagint/dp/0199781729/ref=pd_rhf_dp_s_cp_0_29?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=0199781729&pd_rd_r=b76fce75-ff66-4b9d-a2ac-a13bfb147ff0&pd_rd_w=mcUrw&pd_rd_wg=01yi0&psc=1&refRID=XVF0VNW29Z77Z0NJ5T1N

• Like 1

Great book. I listened to the audio version a while back on a long drive.

The book has a very helpful section that details book by book the major differences between the LXX and the MT.

Great book. I listened to the audio version a while back on a long drive.

The book has a very helpful section that details book by book the major differences between the LXX and the MT.

That, to me is the value of the book. I disagree with much of what he says, but his description of each book and its features is helpful. I'm not aware of any other monograph that does this. Re having it in accordance: I love accordance. But the reading experience is not up to the standard of kindle. For books like this (not reference works), I go with kindle if not paper. Just my opinion, of course.