Importing User Bible for only book of Isaiah

TYA

I have an English text of Isaiah (and also a separate one for just the Psalms), that I want to import as a user Bible.  However, when I try to do so, I get an error message saying something along the lines of "Isa 1:1 isn't a valid book name..."

I know that's technically not correct, because all my other Bibles use "Isa" for Isaiah.  (Just for thoroughness, I changed all verse references from "Isa" to the full name of "Isaiah," but that didn't help either).

Also note, my text file containing the text of Isaiah only has chapter/verse references to Isaiah, specifically from Isa 1:1 to Isa 66:24.  I know that I could "artificially" add verse references to the entire Bible, adding a dash "-" character in every single line (since they'd all be empty); but I don't think I should have to do that.

And I only want this text of mine to appear in the Text Browser when I'm in Isaiah.  I don't want a window for my text appearing, say, when I'm in Genesis, Ruth, Matthew, etc.--only when I'm actually in Isaiah.

(Note: I also tried adding a reference to "Gen 1:1 א" at the very beginning of the text file, per the advice of a staff member pertaining to bugs in 12.3.1.  That didn't help.)

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks, all.

Which is the text you have as verse mapping? If they haven't the Isaia then this error message pops up.

I guess you have to add the -- like 

Isa 1:1 --

2 --

3 --

2:1 --

2 --

3 --

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 2

Which is the text you have as verse mapping?

To my surprise, though I've already imported user Bibles no less than about 50 times, I apparently overlooked this issue this time around.  Great catch, Fabian!

Edited by TYA

• 2 weeks later...

Which is the text you have as verse mapping? If they haven't the Isaia then this error message pops up.

I guess you have to add the -- like 

Isa 1:1 --

2 --

3 --

2:1 --

2 --

3 --

Greetings

Fabian

Hello TYA

Ah I see now you have full books which are empty. Then you should be able to delete the verse ref and the / and it should work properly. Only if you have some verses in a Book then you have to fill it up.

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 1