Basic NRSV Questions

mattsarahryan1

Hi all.

I have a simple question about the NRSV Bible with Strong's that I just purchased.

There is a module that came with it called "NRSV Parallel Texts". inside are three books: Esther, Daniel, Psalms. However, I am not sure what the parallel texts are? Can someone answer this for me?

Also, when I pull up the NRSV with Strong's on my mobile device, I cant seem to enable the Strong's numbers. How can I see the instant details in mobile>

Thanks so much for the help. 

As Fabian pointed to, the "NRSV Parallel Texts" module contains the Greek (LXX) texts of the books listed, as opposed to the NRSV's usual decision to prefer the Hebrew Masoretic Text (MT) as its textual base. "Esther" is the NRSV translation of the LXX version of Esther (often referred to as "Greek Esther"). "Psalms" is Psalm 151, which is in the LXX but not the MT. "Daniel" includes, e.g., the Prayer of Azariah, which is in the LXX version of Daniel.

As Fabian mentioned, it is possible that you are selecting a word that is not tagged. Words like "the" and "a" are frequently not tagged, but there are a number of cases where more common words may not be tagged. Often, for example, a verb is supplied in the English that was not present in the Hebrew/Greek, in which case the English word may not be tagged.

Edited by Matt Robertson
  • Like 2