Dark Mode

sfarson

Enjoying Dark Mode on the Apple Mac.

Hmmmm... With all the work I do late at night on the PC, what if there was a "dark mode" option for Accordance?

Enjoying Dark Mode on the Apple Mac.

Hmmmm... With all the work I do late at night on the PC, what if there was a "dark mode" option for Accordance?

There was another request for this here: https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/24612-dark-mode/?hl=%2Bdark+%2Bmode

I am not a fan but the utility of it is certainly useful

Remember you can alway "invert colours" in Mac OS:

System preferences >> Accessibility >> Select Display from left >> Click box for "Invert Colours"

OR

System preferences >> Keyboard >> Select Shortcuts from top >> Select Accessibility from left >> Click box for "Invert Colours" Then you can use the keyboard shortcut anytime.

Remember you can alway "invert colours" in Mac OS:

System preferences >> Accessibility >> Select Display from left >> Click box for "Invert Colours"

OR

System preferences >> Keyboard >> Select Shortcuts from top >> Select Accessibility from left >> Click box for "Invert Colours" Then you can use the keyboard shortcut anytime.

This is an interesting tool, but a far cry from dark mode, and has horrible impacts to other apps that ARE in dark mode.

This is an interesting tool, but a far cry from dark mode, and has horrible impacts to other apps that ARE in dark mode.

Perhaps, but if you NEED Accordance in something like Dark Mode, set up a Theme that look good when inverted as a Quick Fix.

• 2 weeks later...

Dark mode would be fatastic. Especially as more and more apps in Windows, and Windows itself, now offer this. It's much easier on the eye.

Over the last month, I have become a huge fan of Dark Mode,  I find it incredibly relaxing on the eyes.  I would love to see it implemented into Accordance for Mac OS and iOS.  Knowing the Accordance developers, I'd be surprised if they are not already working on it - I hope so.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Microsoft Office just rolled out dark mode! Super nice. Chrome is on the way. I'm now more than 50% of the way to truly dark on Mac OS. Accordance would finish me out on this...!

• Like 2

+1

In Accordance I'm already using white on black for all texts and tools, but the rest of the interface still remains bright-colored. I hope there can be an easy way to switch the rest of the interface to dark mode as well.

"Come to the Dark Side...we have cookies!"

• Like 1

+1 With MS Word and Mojave in Dark Mode, Accordance is the only major app I use that isn't in Dark Mode. Would love to go all Dark! The back and forth is always quite the jolt. (One way to get your kick at night :D)

• Like 1

+1 With MS Word and Mojave in Dark Mode, Accordance is the only major app I use that isn't in Dark Mode. Would love to go all Dark! The back and forth is always quite the jolt. (One way to get your kick at night :D)

But how do I set the Word, with one click, to black, so the paper is also black and the characters white? To invert the colors.

Greetings

Fabian

Good question Fabian, only the program is inverted not the open documents...  Still, we are probably veering of topic.

Anthony... right. The text Black is pretty good. But the toolbars etc... that’ll be awesome.

Fabian, that’s what I wanted to do also . Here it is. Made my day. If you choose black it will invert the text etc. very nicely implemented.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/change-the-background-color-in-word-for-mac-650c206d-ca45-4fb7-88c0-e5e0882c9792

• Like 2

+1 for darkmode for Windows 7 user(s) too

With the (s) above just in case I'm not the only Windows 7 user :)

Edited by TYA

There are mixed opinions about dark mode. It's easier on the eyes but at the same time it cause more strain. To make things even more complicated the eye is more sensitive to certain colors. Most sensitive to green, while blue gives most contrast. Etc.

There are whole studies on that.

I think the most ideal thing would be that the user can configure every color on the screen. Total control. That gives the user the opportunity to configure darkmode. Obviously Accordance could have several preconfigured profiles.

It would be great if those profiles could be exported and shared on a special section of this forum. Same for layouts/workspaces.

It's a fact everybody can pick a few colors, but it's also a fact some people are more gifted in picking colors that are very visible but not what I call retina-blasters  ;)

You know bright yellow and lime green :blink:

WhiteWings, the Mac OS does try to give you some control of the level of warmth on the night shift setting.  Although I'm not too sure how they play out in Dark Mode.

Hi Paul,

I have no Mac, but warmth settings are often part of monitor settings in the monitor itself and/or video card.

While useful in some cases, it's not what I'm looking for because it globally affects all colors/

As an example: Make the library background red with green letters. Background of the Bible in orange with purple letters. The borders of the windows brown.

Yeah, I admit, far from an ideal color scheme, but it shows what I mean.

BTW, I'm aware there is already quite a bit that can be altered.

• Like 1

I have no Mac, but warmth settings are often part of monitor settings in the monitor itself and/or video card.

While useful in some cases, it's not what I'm looking for because it globally affects all colors/

As an example: Make the library background red with green letters. Background of the Bible in orange with purple letters. The borders of the windows brown.

A fair analysis and point noted.  Hopefully things will improve across all platforms as developers continue to appreciate the popularity of Dark Mode.

• 9 months later...

+1 for this request!

I have set up black backgrounds for Scripture and resources, but I haven't figured out how to give a black background to the Instant Details pane. And of course the borders, title bars, etc. are still light grey.

Chris

Edited by Christopher Smith

+1 for Accordance Dark Mode on Windows 10. I would favor implementation of earthen green, but the shade of it is up to You!