Multiple Search Filters in Tool Search

TYA

Great day all.

The problem here (see attached) is that I'm not able to search for "Esau" within multiple English filters at the same time, since the search is prevented from running when any one filter doesn't find Esau.  (Esau is found in "English Content," so one field should produce hits).

(Also, I posted a second, and totally separate example in the second screenshot).

Please, even if the search suggestion box can't be turned off as a user option (as I requested recently in a post on the forum), then at least allow the search to run in the other selected filters.  Must I manually perform the search 3-5 times, one filter at a time, in order to find all relevant hits for "Esau."

Please Accordance: this could be easily solved by making an "Any / All" filter, as I continue to demonstrate in my posts.  (I continue to post about this issue because no one has given me positive indications regarding this yet).  But at least allow the search to run in multiple filters, even when one filter has no hits, as shown here.

Thank you as always.  Looking forward to Accordance 13, whenever that is coming.

post-35231-0-73563400-1542950893_thumb.jpg

post-35231-0-51311400-1542950898_thumb.jpg

Edited by TYA
  • Like 1

Our developers have noted your many requests, and will be implementing them as they can and as they see best. They have many other new features in the pipeline and cannot halt all other development just to attend to your requests. There is no need to repeat them.

Please keep in mind that tens of thousands of people have been using Accordance for up to 25 years without these particular features. You are stretching the Resource feature far beyond its intended functionality. We appreciate your input and we have already implemented some of your ideas, but we cannot respond to each post, nor program exclusively for you.

• Like 1

Dear Helen,

Thank you for the response. It does help to know someone from Accordance is listening on this particular issue (beyond giving helpful advice and workarounds, which is no doubt helpful, but sometimes leads into further complications like those mentioned in this particular post). The issue highlighted here is technically unique to all other posts.

Let me apologize if I've done something to cause you particular frustration. As I said, though others have always been quick to help, the proposed solutions (in my humble opinion) end up falling short of what I know Accordance is ultimately capable of (and don't take this wrong: but what the competition already provides in some cases). I doubt that my requests stretch the bounds of anything Accordance can do.

Finally please remember, other members here have acknowledeged the usefulness of my search requests, whether in English Tools, or in Hebrew for the Research tab. You yourself had mentioned that others already requested Find on Page utility. So no need to to insinuate I'm asking Accordance to "program just for me."

Thank you again for your response. It does give me the feedback that I mentioned. All the best to you this season.

Edited by TYA
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Great day all.

The problem here (see attached) is that I'm not able to search for "Esau" within multiple English filters at the same time, since the search is prevented from running when any one filter doesn't find Esau.  (Esau is found in "English Content," so one field should produce hits).

(Also, I posted a second, and totally separate example in the second screenshot).

Please, even if the search suggestion box can't be turned off as a user option (as I requested recently in a post on the forum), then at least allow the search to run in the other selected filters.  Must I manually perform the search 3-5 times, one filter at a time, in order to find all relevant hits for "Esau."

Please Accordance: this could be easily solved by making an "Any / All" filter, as I continue to demonstrate in my posts.  (I continue to post about this issue because no one has given me positive indications regarding this yet).  But at least allow the search to run in multiple filters, even when one filter has no hits, as shown here.

Thank you as always.  Looking forward to Accordance 13, whenever that is coming.

Is there something in the pipeline of development. It would be great if not all filters found hits the hits have another color or the window frame change then the color to indicate not all filters are in use.

I see the need for the development of this feature especially by searching a word with the verse.

post-32723-0-49215800-1547368529_thumb.png

post-32723-0-14231200-1547368784_thumb.png

Then use the Command-Arrow left/right. To cycle through the modules. (This is a tip from me to go fast through the lexicons!)

With this settings.

post-32723-0-27313200-1547368993_thumb.png

And then allways comes the annoying: (An indicator, which says no one hit is found is ok. But I don't want allways interact. Just cycling through the module. It would be anyway extremely helpful to have an indicator. As I mentioned above this is possible by changing the color of the frame, the color of the HITS, etc.)

post-32723-0-32238200-1547369279_thumb.png

The next annoyance is as I hit O.K. the search changes the criteria! So the filter for the verse is deleted. And if I go further with Command-Arrow right/left I have to add the filter again, by hand, to see if other modules found some hits with the word and the verse ref.

post-32723-0-26897100-1547369726_thumb.png

This is one of the most annoyance in Accordance, And I totally disagree with the statement from Helen. 

The tip with Command-Arrow left/right is so extremely fast and helpful. But it is disqualified by the filter management. 

And don't forget I have also a feature request list longer than my arm which is waiting for fulfillment. BTW I'm the tallest in our church, so my arm is not short. 

Greetings

Fabian

BTW if the search filters works anticipated, then the ...

Then use the Command-Arrow left/right. To cycle through the modules. (This is a tip from me to go fast through the lexicons!)

... would be a good idea for a "search filter with cycling trough the lexicon" video.

Greetings

Fabian