Studies in the Dead Sea Scrolls and Related Literature

TYA

Greetings,

The product page says,

General Editors

The current module includes all eight of the published volumes in a series of monographs and essays from Eerdmans on the Dead Sea Scrolls (2 more volumes are due later this year). The print value of all 10 volumes is $234.

Does anyone know when the "2 more volumes" will be released?  I noticed that a competitor has this available as an 11-volume set currently.  Will Accordance include upgrade / add-on pricing for these later 2 volumes?

Thanks

Edited by TYA

Greetings,

The product page says,

Does anyone know when the "2 more volumes" will be released?  I noticed that a competitor has this available as an 11-volume set currently.  Will Accordance include upgrade / add-on pricing for these later 2 volumes?

Thanks

I would like to have these as well. Its a good series (though lacking in some points) and more similar resources in this vein are welcome!

Edited by MattChristian
  • Like 1

We are looking into this. I cannot comment on any pricing, upgrades, etc.

• Like 1

Thanks, Rick.

We are looking into this. I cannot comment on any pricing, upgrades, etc.

Thanks! I know licensing is a pain

Why? They all want to sale! Isn't it?

They do want to sell their product BUT what happens is they sell to Accordance, and Accordance has to put extra work into the product which typically raises the price. Accordance buys "wholesale" style publications and the publisher doesn't get full retail. Its business. I am assuming this is how it works based on what I do for a living currently (Account Manager for a National company in the US). I may be wrong and am ok with that but my hunch is the publisher could stand to make more by people buying print copies direct from them versus through electronic outlets. This typically can make licensing a pain. I may be way off but I assume that is the case.

We do not pay more in essence for things in Accordance, we are paying full price for an electronic version due to paying for the work that went into formatting, etc.

Thanks! I know licensing is a pain

Eerdmans is not difficult to work with. It's just a matter of time to request, deliver, prioritize, develop, release…

Eerdmans is not difficult to work with. It's just a matter of time to request, deliver, prioritize, develop, release…

I believe it. Eerdmans pushes through a lot of material. I would hate to work with some of the other publishers out there who will remain unnamed and whose materials are not prevalent on Accordance (the name starts with BR if you couldn't guess).

I hope you don't get ill after posting that…

• Like 4

I hope you don't get ill after posting that…

LOL.. I was waiting for someone to catch on

• Like 1

LOL.  I can't believe it.  And I needed that laugh, Graham.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Any update on this (Studies in the Dead Sea Scrolls), since this series is currently on sale (10-25-19)?

• Like 1