Prayer of Manasseh - Trouble with versification

TYA

Great day all,

I'm trying to import a Hebrew-letter text for the "Prayer of Manasseh" using the "Pseudipigrapha English (Evans)" versification.  There are only 17 verses, but the versification in my text is getting thrown off.  I'm matching the book and verse names exactly, so I can't figure out why.  Please see attached.

Also, a follow up question: can I import a text as a "Bible text" that uses book names that no module of Accordance currently uses?  For instance, I have a versified text of the Shemonei Esrei prayer liturgy.  Accordance doesn't offer (that I'm aware of) any publication that uses that versification.  Does that prevent me from importing other items?

I know in another program that book names can be manually created and imported through a separate file, so that the program knows how to display the text.  Thanks.

post-35231-0-25074800-1543211589_thumb.jpg

Edited by TYA

Hello TYA

Hah, I struggled last week with the same issue. I prepared a mail, but I want to first make some tests again, which I have done yesterday evening. And today I want to finish it.

2. This is not possible today.

3. Yes since 11.1. But it struggles with some unicode characters. You have to try. Upload the file as txt in the section Alternative Booknames by the import, where you choose the verse mapping. 

Format:

Manasse[tabulator]whatever         

It has exactly to follow the verse mapping. 

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 1

Upload the file as txt in the section Alternative Booknames by the import, where you choose the verse mapping.  Format:  Manasse[tabulator]whatever

It has exactly to follow the verse mapping. 

Fabian, I'm a little confused by what you are saying.  You can see in my screenshot that I'm using the exact same book names as Accordance uses, so I don't understand why I would need a file for "Alternate Book Names."  The only problem here is that Accordance is changing my chapter #1 to chapter #2 instead.  That makes no sense to me, and I'm trying to figure out why.

2. This is not possible today.

What exactly are you referring to here?  Are you saying that I can't upload a Shemonei Esrei text because Accordance has no module containing that versification?

Couldn't I simply versify my Shemonei Esrei text as though it were the Bible (Gen 1:1, Gen 1:2, Gen 1:3), and then create an Alternate Book Name file changing the name from Gen 1:1 to "Shem 1:1"?  Would something like that work?

And at absolute worst case scenario, if I just wanted the Shemonei Esrei for cross-searching Hebrew words, and I didn't care about the versification, couldn't I just versify it like the Bible, as Gen 1:1, Gen 1:2, Gen 1:3?  (Of course, I'd prefer to provide the real book names if possible).

Edited by TYA

Sorry 

I don't want to confuse you.

Fabian, I'm a little confused by what you are saying.  You can see in my screenshot that I'm using the exact same book names as Accordance uses, so I don't understand why I would need a file for "Alternate Book Names."  The only problem here is that Accordance is changing my chapter #1 to chapter #2 instead.  That makes no sense to me, and I'm trying to figure out why.

With the verse 0 I struggle at the moment too.

What exactly are you referring to here?  Are you saying that I can't upload a Shemonei Esrei text because Accordance has no module containing that versification?

Yes I say that, but you are right If you want to compare it with a Bible text then you can use Gen 1:1 etc. You can then also change the Book names with the txt file as you mentioned. 

You have then to use another Bible than the Standard KJV. Because the standard complain if there are more verses in a chapter. 

But you cannot use a correct Shemonei Esrei versification as there is no such text in Accordance. And Or Accordance doesn't recognize it as such text. 

you can import it as Imported Bible. Use another versification than the Standard. Then you can change the Gen to the real book names (one word or writhe together or use a - or_). 

Maybe consider also an import as User Tool.

Greetings

Fabian

Thank you, Fabian.

• 10 months later...

With Accordance 12.3.6 this should now work.

There is a small bug in Greek Esther so the Esther 11:1 is not recognized. Accordance change it to Esther 10:14. But hopefully this is solved in 12.3.7 or 13.

Greetings

Fabian

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

it is Roman Mazur writing.

Fabian, I think I need your help or suggestion.

Because Catalina MacOs for the moment prevent me from using Bible Works (I am Accordance determined user  :) ), I thought to import from my old computer text of Polish translation of LXX in Rahlfs order. It was almost without trouble with LXX, but with LXX2 (parallel texts) I am struggling almost three days  <_< . I am able to import the text, but the versification create a problem. It starts with the name of the last book (Bel) and it continues like that till the end. I am with no idea what might happened. Any suggestion - if you or anyone else have time and solution for that?

Roman

Hello Roman 

Check the Chapters. Do you have one extra chapter? Or do you have a wrong chapter, like 

Est 2:1

Est 34:1

Est 4:1

Greetings

Fabian

It seems Accordance must be improved here. 

If you import it without the Josh. then it works. 

Greetings

Fabian